NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Two finger scrolling in tabs

Hello,

First of all - thank you for a great product! It's been my go-to IDE for over 3 years now and generally I couldn't be happier.

There's one minor annoyance however. For some reason I can't scroll in explorer/code navigator (and possibly other) windows using two-finger scrolling via my laptop's track pad. Scrolling through an open file works fine however. It's quite cumbersome having to use the scrollbar every time I need to move up/down the project tree.

I hope this is something that can be fixed easily.

Thank you.
Site Admin

works fine for me under W7 and W8.1

Still having the issue here.

I'm using Lenovo Carbon X1 Touch running Windows 8.1 and I can scroll using the wheel of my external mouse, but not when trying to use the touchpad. I do see the cursor changes to indicate that scrolling is occurring but nothing happens.

Any idea what could be wrong on my end?

Thanks.
Site Admin

Still works fine for me. Apple Mac Air, two fingers scroll up and down in all windows without problems .

I'm using Windows 8.1 and a Logitech trackpad; two finger scroll works for me as well. It even also works across a remote desktop connection to a Windows 7.0 system.

Some trackpads allow the settings to be customised, but strange if it works in some applications but not PhpED.
Site Admin

According to the report, it works in some windows of phped, but not in the others. I have no idea why. We have exactly the same componets here and they work fine at least for me, and you. I think it has something to do with trackpad software and its configuration.

I just had a quick look with Spy++ and whilst both the mouse wheel and 2-finger scroll send the WM_MOUSEWHEEL message, they do have different parameters particularly for wParam. Maybe the control with the problem does not check that parameter properly, so it might think keys/buttons are being pressed and so is ignoring the WM_MOUSEWHEEL.

All the controls I just tried worked fine. Which window has the problem?
Re: Two finger scrolling in tabs
Site Admin

p1x44r wrote:
I can't scroll in explorer/code navigator (and possibly other) windows using two-finger scrolling via my laptop's track pad. Scrolling through an open file works fine however.

Sorry, Dmitri, I thought you meant a separate report. Those work fine with my trackpad.

Could still be a message parameter issue, as that could vary with different drivers. I'll try it from a laptop later.
Site Admin

WParam is about to tell the control what control keys and mouse buttons are pressed. It may ignore malformed messages. I think it makes sense to report to trackpad vendor

Just read some comments on the Lenovo forum about Lenovo Carbon X1 Touch and there have been a few complaints about it, particularly relating to the trackpad.

One person commented 'two fingers-scrolling works 1% of the times'. Another comment says that they updated their drivers and apparently their touchpad 'works much better now'.

If you haven't updated the driver yet, might be a good idea to see if you are using the latest driver version and update if possible.
Two finger scrolling in tabs