NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
tutorial?

Are there any tutorials for phpdock?

I'm sure its simple but some help would be great Smile

For example:
- setting up phpdock so it can handle an application that utilizes mysql and perhaps connecting to a remote database. this is so phpdock can be used along side a web based application.
- setting up a small application can continually check for data from a web based application and notify the user perhaps through a windows sound or popup (like you see from MS Outlook on new messages)

Thanks!

No takers? Smile With these available id buy phpdock immediately. Already an owner of phped.
Site Admin

Quote:
- setting up phpdock so it can handle an application that utilizes mysql and perhaps connecting to a remote database. this is so phpdock can be used along side a web based application.

you'll need php_mysql.dll or php_mysqli.dll (depending on the API you prefer) installed in php. Feel free to copy libmysql.dll from phped\php5 into phpdock\php directory and php_mysql*.dll from phped\php5\extensions to phpdock\php\extensions
then add extension=php_mysql.dll or extension=php_mysqli.dll into phpdock\php\php.ini
Then run phpinfo() and make sure it lists mysql (mysqli).
Quote:
- setting up a small application can continually check for data from a web based application and notify the user perhaps through a windows sound or popup (like you see from MS Outlook on new messages)

you can have jobs running in background that will monitor some stuff, but there is no way on interacting with GUI part, yet. We'll improve it soon.

Quote:
you can have jobs running in background that will monitor some stuff

But this would just be like a normal CRON job right? There is no way for it to notify the user if need be?
Site Admin

no way in version 1.5.

Do you have any idea when that feature might get into phpdock? I have several apps where I would want to monitor remote database/websites for actions such as if someone submits an article to a website, the admin of the website would get notified via a phpdock application running on their machine like outlook notifies of a new email.

Is this something planned?
Site Admin

I thought a bit and realized that you can do it using AJAX. Just set timer in javascript and fetch data ontimer using AJAX. If there is some new data arrived, you just change document location appropriately to get user directed to the new page. It's not that hard I think.
Regarding all-in-php way, we'll implement it in the next version. Can't be specific about release date but definitely it will happen soon.