NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Transitioning from Dreamweaver - setup local and remote dirs

I have just downloaded PhpED (version 10), and I do like it a lot. But, I have been using dreamweaver previously. My problem is that I have my local websites for development in this directory:

C:\Development\Dreamweaver\

I am using my local Apache webserver under xampp

C:\Development\xampp\

The htdocs directory is under the xampp directory.

Now, I have read through the help files and the on line help. In the settings wizard I do the following:

1. select the Web Server radio button on the first page.
2. second page I accept the defaults.
3. On the third page I set: Web Document Root: C:\Development\xampp\htdocs; Web Root URL: http://localhost/
4. On the 4th page (Enter project root directory) I set Root Directory: C:\Development\DreamWeaver\RecipesWeb

When I click the next button, I get a warning dialog that says:

Are you sure you want to set the project root directory to: C:\Development\DreamWeaver\RecipesWeb while the web document root is: C:\Development\xampp\htdocs?

If I click yes and continue the later pages of the wizard, I get errors saying"
Warning: (-26) entered project root (C:\Development\DreamWeaver\RecipesWeb) is neither inside the web document root (C:\Development\xampp\htdocs) nor contains it.

The check debugger page says that it failed to establish mapping between the project root and the web site document tree.

I have read about project mapping but I am still confused. How do I properly setup PhpED projects? Thank you.
Site Admin

In short -- by default Web server can't run files that are not accessible inside htdocs. You have to either copy / move your project to some place under htdocs, or update Apache settings accordingly. See <alias> directive in Apache manual.