NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Transfers window - please add date/time

On several occasions, I needed to double check if I had transferred something to the server. Without a date/time, you can't tell if you transferred something yesterday, today or last week. please add date time to the transfers log. it could be a separate column, or just appended to the 'completed' status column (ex: Completed - 2017/11/15 - 01:01:01 ). thank you.
Site Admin

In such cases you can just run Right Click on file/directory/project in the Workspace window then Publishing->Smart Sync and it will tell you what files have mismatch date/time stamp and/or size and offer you 5 options: leave intact, upload, download, remove on remote side and remove on local side.
As of the date/time stamp column, you can see it in View->Tabs->Explorer on the bottom panel. If you don't see columns, make sure View->Show Details is checked

I would find it really convenient if the transfers panel showed at least the transfer time. I vaguely remember requesting that some time ago Smile

Yes, I know there are ways to see the date/time stamps of files, or to compare via sync. Thank you. But any ftp transfer program I have used, displays date and time in the log, and I often do ctrl+shift+S to save files and upload, (love that feature). But I would prefer to see the time in the transfer log if it's not too much trouble... Thanks for your reply. Please consider.
Site Admin

I'm not sure why you need it. It's not persistent. As soon as you leave the IDE, the log is lost.
Perhaps, we can show both source file date/time (if known) and transfer time. Under "source" I mean the file to be transferred.

Anywhere you can display it in the transfer log would be swell. the scenario is... i'm working all day long, making changes to multiple files, and using ctrl+shift+S, and at some point or another, i'm not sure if I uploaded certain files or not in the last 30 mins or so. since I can't see a time in the transfer log, I go and ctrl+shift+S again, just to be sure I uploaded all the files I've been working on in the last 30 mins or so. if I could see the times, I would know which files I uploaded in the last 30 mins, since I made recent changes. again, not critical, just wish it was there at times. thanks!
Guru master

My own scenario is very similar as markh1. I can quickly find out when I saved files in PhpED, but I can't see if I uploaded since the last change. Sometimes I get interrupted, so I often upload multiple times just to be sure.

Working on large projects with files in many directories, I only keep files open that I've changed, so I can work through them again to upload. It would take ages for a Smart Sync and viewing through FTP Explorer would be too fiddly. Having a transfer time shown would be great.

Yes, I would like to see transfer time too.
Transfers window - please add date/time