NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Toggling between 2 files

Hi

Firstly, I have to say I love PhpEd, I have tried most of the IDEs and it is just awesome.

I have managed to customise it to my way of working pretty easily but one thing eludes me.

Working in an MVC paradigm I spend a great deal of time flipping between models, controllers, services and sometimes views. Typically I'm working on 2 files at once, eg Model and controller OR controller and view.

What I want to be able to do is to toggle switch between 2 files by hitting a key (in another editor it is a standard feature bound to F12), ideally with in-built functionality or perhaps also with a macro.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

I usually use Alt+Left or Alt+Right to go to another file. Though, that might not be exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks for the idea; that works if the 2 files you are working on are next to each other (obviously easy to drag them next to each other) AND you remember whether you have to go left or right!

Have you tried turning on the "MDI style tab switching" option? It's under IDE -> Appearance in the settings screen. It switches between the last used file. So you click the tab for the first file, click the tab for the second file. Now CTRL + TAB should switch between those two files. Pressing CTRL + TAB, TAB, as in holding control while pressing tab more than once, will make it go to the 3rd file. But just pressing CTRL + TAB should do the trick if you only want to switch between two files.

@Traptta - that is exactly what I needed, thanks very much.

You're welcome flarpy Smile
Toggling between 2 files