NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
TODO list ?

Hello to all,

First post on this forum.

Some time ago we have bought PHPED and in my opinion it seems to be a really good php IDE. The more I use it the more I like it - especially debugger.

The thing is that I was going to ask about a TODO feature - to be more precise lack of that feature. I saw few topics regarding that matter
todo-list-t2064.html?highlight=todo
highlighting-text-not-syntax-highlighting-t1861.html?highlight=todo
nusphere-php-editor-could-have-in-future-an-task-manager-t1407.html?highlight=todo
borland-style-todos-t1418.html?highlight=todo

but haven`t seen any response from PHPED team regarding that feature.

Is it on the todo list or is it going to be considered at all ?

Kind Regards

Simon Bakowski
gpsoft
Veteran

Hi Simon - I think we answered it on other posts, sorry if it was missed though.
Yes, TODO list is coming - we are finalizing the list for 5.0 and figuring out the timeframe. There are few very big features that we are determined to put in, which could be on the way of TODO list. While it is not the right time to say what they are, I promise you they are very important. So, if TODO list doesn't make it there, it will certainly go into one of the next immdiate minor versions. Bottom line, it is in active plans.
Thanks!

yfaktor wrote:
Hi Simon - I think we answered it on other posts, sorry if it was missed though.
Yes, TODO list is coming - we are finalizing the list for 5.0 and figuring out the timeframe. There are few very big features that we are determined to put in, which could be on the way of TODO list. While it is not the right time to say what they are, I promise you they are very important. So, if TODO list doesn't make it there, it will certainly go into one of the next immdiate minor versions. Bottom line, it is in active plans.
Thanks!

Thanks yfaktor!

I can`t wait to see new features Smile

Cheers

Simon

yfaktor wrote:
...Yes, TODO list is coming - we are finalizing the list for 5.0 and figuring out the timeframe. There are few very big features that we are determined to put in, which could be on the way of TODO list. While it is not the right time to say what they are, I promise you they are very important. So, if TODO list doesn't make it there, it will certainly go into one of the next immdiate minor versions. Bottom line, it is in active plans.
Thanks!

Well, it didn't make it into the 5.0 std. So, yfaktor, is it still going in a minor version update?

This would be very great feature, if it could be for every project individually associated.

Bye Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by thunder-ltuSend private messageVisit poster's website

In the meantime, this is how I keep a TODO list in PhpED:

1. Put a text file in your project that holds your TODO list (mine is .TODO)

2. Add your TODO items in the following format:

Code:
.TODO:

[x] = completed
[o] = not completed
----------------------------------------------------------------
TODO[x] Update X function in functions.php (182:1)
TODO[x] Change that in index.php (364:1)
TODO[o] Do something else in config.php (37:1)
TODO[o] Update that in index.php (247:1)
TODO[o] Remember to upgrade to PhpED Pro...
TODO[o] Review lines 46 and 2 in Tool.php

3. Then to view your list of TODO items just use 'Find in files' (Ctrl+F) (search in project) for: TODO[o

The todo list will populate your Log tab at the bottom. Then I just use Crtl+Alt+L to open/view the log pane and Shift+Tab to close it. If I want to edit a TODO item I just Right-Click 'Goto source' for that TODO line.

It's pretty hackish, but it works OK for a makeshift integrated TODO list. Most times I'm just looking to see what the next item is or what my notes say anyway, so it's not that cumbersome for me.

HTH

-Steve

Still waiting for TODO list in PhpED Wink With another thing that can be usefull is FIXME tag listed with TODOs.

I'm with you considering this would be a nice addition/feature on phped.

At the moment I use "// #TODO" in my code and then I do a search in files for "#TODO" including all *.php files in the project and as rusult I get all my todo's listed in the search results tab.

A tollbar button that would automate this would be a good start (if phped would support macros this would be a good one to create)...
TODO list ?