NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Todo list...

It might seem useless to some, but its the kind of tool I'd use all the time. Now the question is to find the best kind of way of doing such a tool... Just a simple note taking text editor in a tab on the side or the bottom of the screen, with project-wide and file specific notes, or a more elaborate list manager with different levels, and task management functionnalities (time spent, percentage done, priority, etc.)...

But whatever the kind of tool, it would be very useful (Right now, I manage a text file in which I compile all the project relevant informations, but its not as easy to navigate and browse)

So if someone has better ideas for such a tool, share your thoughts !

Jean-Baptiste

Eclipse collects all @todo Javadoc/PHPdoc comments from the project files and shows them in a To Do pane. If you click on one of them, you are taken to that line in the source. Since PhpED already parses doc-comments it would probably be pretty easy to add such functionality.
Guru master

svenax wrote:
Eclipse collects all @todo Javadoc/PHPdoc comments from the project files and shows them in a To Do pane. If you click on one of them, you are taken to that line in the source. Since PhpED already parses doc-comments it would probably be pretty easy to add such functionality.

I personally think that is an awesome idea! I already use them @todo's throughout my entire source.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Yes, its a very good idea ! But the user should also be able to add todo items without having to use phpdoc. But its a excellent way to "collect" todo data about specific files/objects/methods/functions/whatever.

Agreed, it would be nice if todo items also could be added directly to the list. But, in case my suggestion above is implemented, it would be pretty easy to just have a text file somewhere in your project that contains nothing more than
Code:
/**
@todo Do this ...
@todo Do that ...
*/

Then you can add todo items easily enough.

On second thought, maybe that doesn't work as-is. PhpED does read the doc comments for information about classes, functions and stuff, but maybe not stand alone comments. ddmitrie - would that work?
Todo list...