NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
TIP : top Javascript documentation site

Here is a link to a top Javascript manual site. Unfortunately, the manual is only online, but it is really great for such things as documenting the Document object.

http://www.javascriptkit.com/jsref/

This might sound a little harsh, but what exactly does that have to do with PhpED for Windows?
View user's profileFind all posts by SBGamesConeSend private messageAIM AddressICQ Number

SBGamesCone wrote:
This might sound a little harsh, but what exactly does that have to do with PhpED for Windows?

Quite a lot. I don't know about you, but I have a lot of javascript code in with my PHP. The inbuilt javascript help in PHPEd is very skimpy - to be harsh, it is nigh on useless. It does not even mention the Document or Form objects, for example.

These are the js15guide.chm and js15ref.chm files that are included with PHPEd. These are from the Netscape site and are years old and leave out a terrible lot.

The site I mentioned I found after hours spent trying to find a decent javascript help site. I would love to get the contents of that site into a CHM file so that I can use it directly in PHPEd, but that is not possible.

My aim was to try and save some other user of PHPEd some time. It need hardly be said that I have no ties at all with the site in question.

On the other hand, if any user here can point me towards a decent javascript help file in CHM, I would be even more pleased.
Site Admin

Quote:
Document or Form objects

these two have no relation to Java script at all. They are part of HTML DOM. Just to let you know.

Last edited by dmitri on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

dmitri wrote:
Quote:
Document or Form objects

these two has no relation to Java script at all. They are part of HTML DOM. Just to let you know.

Perhaps calling them Javascript Guide and Reference in the Help setiup is a bit confusing then.

Since these files are called when you do a Context Help call in Javascript, perhaps we should look for some more appropriate help files? I have looked, but I cannot find anything.
Site Admin

whether some manuals are useful or not is another story.
if you can't find HTMLDOM stuff in javascript manual, it's just a matter of missed HTMLDOM in the manual-set shipped with PhpED.