NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Timeout error again...

Hi there,
I can't get this timeout error over. I've read everything about it on this board and in the PHPEd manual and have followed the advice. But nothing worked for me- I'm still getting this "Failed to start debugger session (timeout). Please verify if debudder module is installed on the server that corresponds..." from within the PHPED 3.3. I'm using Win Server 2003, PHP RC2, php_dbg.dll-5.0.0RC2. The debugger works fine on PHPEd's in-build server, but fails to start remotely. The extension is installed and it loads properly. I'm not using any firewall and the port is available and free (I've tried changing the default port as well).
Is there anything else I can do to make it work.
Thanx in advance,
Arthur
Site Admin

Have you read FAQ ?
http://forum.nusphere.com/tip-troubleshooting-debugger-communications-t579.html
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Of course I did
Site Admin

well, and what the results were ?
Please tell what you got for each instruction listed.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I followed everything step by step, but nothing worked. Then I reinstall PHP 5 and installed php 4.3.6 (using the proper edition dbg module, of course, with each of them)- nothing worked again. The Listener's log window shows nothing and stays blank. The next thing I did was that I copied dbg module from PHPEd/php folder, which is version 4.3.4 into my php 4.3.6 extension folder and everything started working. I can't say I'm satisfied with the final result I got, because I don't see the solution to this problem.
Is there anything else I can do to fix this? Or can dbg 4.3.4 module work properly with other php versions?
Thanx for your help so much
Site Admin

well, seems I have to ask you about each step.
Let's start.
Quote:
Make sure that debugger module has the same version as dbglistener. PhpED 3.3 comes with DBG-2.16 and can work with DBG-2.16 only

Did you check it ?
Run phpinfo(), locate DBG and compare its version with version shown on dbglistener "about" dialog.
If they are different, you have to reinstall dbg module.

Proceed with the step below only after you made sure that they are the same.

Quote:
Make sure that the host (client computer) where your run PHPED IDE is accesible from the server. Launch PHPED on the client computer. Make sure that dbglistner (see satellite dish) is shown in the task bar. Open console on the server and run
telnet computerIP 7869
where computerIP is an IP address of your client computer
Immediately after you run telnet you'd see black dot inside the white circle in DbgListener icon and something like "01.01.2004 11:11:14 <serverIP> client connected" in the DbgListener log window

Did you check it ?

Like I told you: module php_dbg.dll-4.3.4 seems to be working on php 4.3.6 (haven't tested on php-5.0.0RC2-Win32 yet). But..., whatever php_dbg.dll module I installed phpinfo() was always working, I mean loading all the extensions.
-Here's phpinfo ():
-----------------------------
dbg
DBG php debugger, version 2.16.3, Copyright 2001, 2004 Dmitri Dmitrienko, http://www.nusphere.com/dbg

Version 2.16.3
Linked as a shared library.
Dbg security enabled.
Profiler compiled, enabled

Directive Local Value Master Value
debugger.enable_session_cookie On On
debugger.enabled On On
debugger.fail_silently On On
debugger.hosts_allow protected value protected value
debugger.hosts_deny protected value protected value
debugger.ignore_nops Off Off
debugger.JIT_enabled Off Off
debugger.JIT_host clienthost clienthost
debugger.JIT_level 3 3
debugger.JIT_port 7869 7869
debugger.net.chunksize 128000 128000
debugger.net.maxpacketsize 1024000 1024000
debugger.ports protected value protected value
debugger.profiler_enabled On On
debugger.session_nocache On On
debugger.timeout_seconds 300 300

-Here's a part of my php.ini file:
extension=php_dbg.dll-4.3.4

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Module Settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[Debugger]
debugger.enabled=on
debugger.profiler_enabled=on
debugger.hosts_allow=localhost 127.0.0.1 host3
debugger.hosts_deny=ALL
debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16
------------------------------
-Whenever I telnet 127.0.0.1 7869 the black dot appears in dbglisteners icon, but in the log window it shows nothing (I never got the "01.01.2004 11:11:14 <serverIP> client connected" line). When I close the console the log windows shows something like "disconnected, wrong client". May be there's some problem here?
-I'm running Win Server 2003, IIS 6.0,...php 4.3.6 now...[/img]
Site Admin

Well,
first of all, dbg 2.16.3 should be upgraded to dbg 2.16.7 which is shipped with phped 3.3.1. Wrong minor version is definitely not the reason for the fault, but let's be closer to the instructions.

For moving further I need to know how you run the debugger and what project properties are set, including:
project root directory, root URL, remote root directory and running mode.

TIA.
Timeout error again...