NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Tiled Windows, implement Window Menu options in PhpED Manual

Hi, been using PhpED for 5 years. I desperately want the missing Window Menu options in the PhpED Manual.
At the very least: Tile Horizontally, Tile Vertically.

Is there some kind of intellectual property problem preventing splitting the single code window into multiple "subwindows," with multiple code tabs in each subwindow? Dragging and dropping code tabs to arrange them in different subwindows? It is remarkable to me that this has been missing for so long with so little complaint by the user community.

The "Floating..." code window control is helpful, especially with multiple monitors, but tedious and interrupting of workflow when in constant use: moving floating windows around, unfloating them, resizing them, having them covered or losing them when other applications (browser searches, test browser windows, git bash, ...) are active.

Critical everyday use cases:
- comparing two or more files with similar code
- refactoring
- seeing and working on .css, .js, .php or .html files at the same time
- seeing and working on model, view, and controller .php files at the same time
- seeing and working on .html and 'code-behind' .php where the minimum of php is in the html

Please, please, please implement this feature ASAP. Thanks! Last requested Mon Jun 22, 2009

I'd back that request feature.
Site Admin

Tile and Cascade -- are features of MDI interfaces. PhpED does NOT support MDI and won't support it.