NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
terminal window scrolling / buffer
Veteran

The terminal feature is pretty cool when needing to do a quick listing or execute a script. If you need to do anything more than that it starts to be difficult. It would be VERY nice to get some kind of buffer going in case you do an ls and get more than a screenful.
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

buffer? good idea. Say it to people developing... BTW what are you using? Telnet ? then contact please inetd guys, SSHD ? probably openssh... you know their site too Smile Smile
Seriosly, phped works on your side and has no way to help you with buffering.
It simply displays whatsoever is passed to you from the remote daemon/shell/etc whatsoevre you get through your network. When working with remote sites, the most important thing you'd pay the most attention is network latency. Throughoutput make much less sense. Only latency. Try to check ping -l 4096 youhostname and make sure that the latency is less than 30-40ms or so.

If all you meant is just a screen buffer, it makes sense and we'll enhance terminal with scrolling support Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Dmitrie

Definitely a cool idea to add the Terminal support, but I do pity you, this is gonna open up a whole new can of worms with people wanting further enhancements to it Very Happy ... so heres my first, could we have keyboard macro support Wink
Site Admin

Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

So putty must be witches magic then eh Razz Hey a guy can dream can't he Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

I've already put my eyes on putty Smile

It was a pleasant surprise to get the latest build of PHPEd and find that a buffer had been added! Thanks so much!
Site Admin

yep. We're working on the IDE and pay good attention to what our customers talk to us Smile
terminal window scrolling / buffer