NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
TechPlatform -- which of the many "go-pear.bat" fi

I've been using NuSphere Technology Platform version 6.2 and now I have to deal with installing Pear. Which of the many "go-pear.bat" files that come with Tech Platform am I supposed to use to install Pear? The one in PhpEd/pear or the one in PhpEd/php or the one in PhpEd/php5 or the one in PhpEd/php53 ? Or am I supposed to run one of the "go-pear.php" scripts in the browser, as some of the instructions indicate? And if "it depends", please ... what does it depend ON?
This is about as clear as Mitt Romney's taxes ...
Re: TechPlatform -- which of the many "go-pear.bat"

kleeh wrote:
I've been using NuSphere Technology Platform version 6.2 and now I have to deal with installing Pear. Which of the many "go-pear.bat" files that come with Tech Platform am I supposed to use to install Pear? The one in PhpEd/pear or the one in PhpEd/php or the one in PhpEd/php5 or the one in PhpEd/php53 ? Or am I supposed to run one of the "go-pear.php" scripts in the browser, as some of the instructions indicate? And if "it depends", please ... what does it depend ON?
This is about as clear as Mitt Romney's taxes ...

Ahh -- nice, at least I now know it's not "go-pear.php" in the browser. Using that brings about this error: Fatal error: Class 'PEAR' not found in C:\Program Files (x86)\NuSphere\TechPlat\apache\htdocs\go-pear.php on line 688
Site Admin

first you need go-pear.phar archive saved into PEAR subdirectory
-do not try to run go-pear.php using apache or anything else
-run go-pear.bat from command line prompt instead

Thank you for the reply, Dmitri. But there are multiple go-pear.phar files in this distribution. There is one under NuSphere/PhpEd/pear, one under NuSphere/PhpEd/php53/PEAR, and one under NuSphere/PhpEd/php5/PEAR. They have different timestamps (none are recent) and different sizes. So which one am I supposed to copy and which of the "pear" directories am I supposed to copy it to? And when I finish copying the correct one into the correct directory, then from which directory am I supposed to run go-pear.bat on the command line? Because there are multiple copies of that too.
I'm confused why there are so many "php" and "pear" directories in this distribution of PhpEd. This makes it difficult to even figure out which php.ini file to modify, but I finally figured that out.
It's the "pear" stuff that is driving me nuts because of the multiple copies here and because of all the bad information on the web about this.
Thanks,
Kenny
Site Admin

phped comes with different versions of php and of course they were released in different years.
Depending on the version of php you use, run correspoing go-pear.

Also you can try phped's builtin installer for PEAR:
-enable test suite in the project properties
-open Tools->Show Test Suite
-open Test Suite settings (see button in the right upper corner)
-click CHECK PEAR button at the bottom

I did use the PhpEd builtin installer for PEAR; It "checked" out just fine. But when I run the Test Suite (from PhpED), it doesn't find several of my classes. So there is obviously something wrong in my paths somewhere. The individual programs run fine if I run them from my Apache web server. But I'm also incorporating the Yii framework (under my www dir), and Apache finds it, but PhpED does not. So this is why I was asking which PEAR and which directory, etc. I thought I had the wrong "pear". But your answer at least gets me closer. It's just that I'm having difficulty picking up all the correct paths. Thanks for your guidance.
Site Admin

phpUnit has strong requirements on how you can name your files and classes. If you don't follow the rules, phpUnit may not find the classes. PhpED (when it refreshes the tree) just follows these restrinctions and implements the same filters.
If on the other hand phpUnit finds the classes while phped does not, you may want to report this issue to support.