NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
TechPlatform 3.4 on Windows 2003 SBS

I've downloaded Tech Platform 3.4 and ran the executable to install it on my Windows 2003 SBS. I've also downloaded and installed MySQL 4.0.

My developer needs the following set up:

- Apache Server running as a service (I believe this is running because I see the red feather in the bottom right corner of my desktop) and in Services the

Apache service shows as running

- PHP set up and running as a service

- MySQL set up and running as a service

- Remote access to all three of these applications

Questions:

1. Do Apache Server and PHP get installed by default with Tech Platform?

2. Are there additional steps to configure Apache Server and PHP?

3. How do I configure Apache Server and PHP for access to the outside world? Do I need to open ports on my firewall?

4. What are the steps to configure MySQL?

5. Is providing remote access by allowing traffic through my firewall for each of these applications enough for the developer?

Please forgive any ignorance in my questions. I'm a network administrator and have no knowledge or experience with development of any of these applications.

Thanks. Laughing
Re: TechPlatform 3.4 on Windows 2003 SBS

Quote:
1. Do Apache Server and PHP get installed by default with Tech Platform?
Yes.

Quote:
2. Are there additional steps to configure Apache Server and PHP?
Both Apache and PHP work out-of-the-box when installed by TechPlatform. You may choose to fine-tune the configuration if you want though.

Quote:
3. How do I configure Apache Server and PHP for access to the outside world? Do I need to open ports on my firewall?
80 for testing PHP applications, 443 for SSL (adminsite), 8443 for WebDAV (to upload PHP scripts to the server).

Quote:
4. What are the steps to configure MySQL?
Please consult the MySQL documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/windows-installation.html

Quote:
5. Is providing remote access by allowing traffic through my firewall for each of these applications enough for the developer?
80 is a must, 8443 is highly recommended (otherwise you'd need to use other file transfer method), 443 for adminsite is optional.
TechPlatform 3.4 on Windows 2003 SBS