NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Team Foundation Server Integration

I am using win7 64-bit. I have installed the TFS power tools; I am able to use them in explorer but they do not show up in the Shell Menu inside PhpEd. I know there have been some issues with 64-bit explorer extensions in PhpEd since it's a 32-bit app, but I know the 32-bit version of TFSPT is installed because I can use it when I force explorer to start in 32-bit mode (and I can see the dll in the folder).

Do any of you have any experience or insight that you could share that would help me get this going? I would really like to be able to convince my team that we can spend the money with you guys instead of buying Visual Studio.

Thanks.
Site Admin

I didn't try TFS, but there was similar problem with SVN. It didn't show up anywhere except Explorer because its option "show only in Explorer" (or something like that) was checked.
Regarding "I force explorer to start in 32-bit mode" -- are you sure it was running in 32bit mode? Did you check Task Manager -- it's where you can see whether a particular process is 32 or 64bit.

Hi dmitri,

I got a same problem with you. If you can fix it, please help to suggest.

Thank you.
Site Admin

PhpED does not do anything "special", no tricks. It displays icons and overlays supplied by shell extensions. If TFS shell extensions does not work, please contact TFS developers, the ball is on their side. We can provide technical info about what and how we use to them upon request.

Hi,

I might have a solution that makes using TFS much easier by not having to go down through the explorer menus.

1) Create a batch file that has the following

SET TFDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE"
IF EXIST %TFDIR% goto got_dir

SET TFDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE"

:got_dir

REM MUST MOVE TO THE DIRECTORY THE FOLDER IS IN?

ECHO %1

REM get latest verstion
%TFDIR%\TF.EXE GET %1 /version:T
REM checkout
%TFDIR%\TF.EXE CHECKOUT %1

exit

2) I'm sure the batch file could be better - especially finding the TFS folder but it works for me
3) In PhpED do the following add a menu via:

Tools->Settings->Tools->Integration

Add top level menu and call it 'Checkout'
Execute with: Shell
Command Line: full path to\checkout.bat "@FName@"

Check in the tree below
--------------------------
Show this command in Workspace popup
- for files
Show this command in file bar popup
- work with editor
- open file

Add shortcut of Ctrl-Alt-C

Now you can checkout your file from a direct right click and by pressing Ctrl-Alt-C (note you may have another editor shortcut set to this so you may need to disable those or change the checkout shortcut).

Charlie
Team Foundation Server Integration