NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
tag pairs highlighting

I would like to see highlighting where when you click on one tag (let's say the opening tag for example), the closing tag is highlighted. This can come in handy for messy markup for example where you are taking over from someone else's work.

If there is an option setting for this that I'm not seeing I apologize.

Thanks!

PS. I'm on ver 5.5 and it would be great if it was an update for this version rather than for the latest version only Smile
Site Admin

Quote:
PS. I'm on ver 5.5 and it would be great if it was an update for this version rather than for the latest version only

I don't think that such things like the one you requested, can come as "update". Only as a new feature and therefore you'd need to upgrade, which is free btw during subscription period (1year for PRO version and 3years for ADVANCED).

I'm thinking about upgrading, is this feature on the list??

Thanks
Site Admin

yep, it's on the list, but I can not guarantee when it come out because it's not top priority thing. In this world of priorities we almost allways have to do something beforehand.

Amen to that, I hear ya...

At least the DIV tags, which are as important as the parenthesis.
Then the second in priority is the UL.
Those two are difficult to track and identify.

dmitri wrote:
yep, it's on the list, but I can not guarantee when it come out because it's not top priority thing. In this world of priorities we almost allways have to do something beforehand.

Hi Dmitri,

I bought a couple of licenses last month, one of which on competitive upgrade program. After hours of using PHPED I find that the feature I miss the most from open source IDE is matching tag pair highlighter.

This is a real time-saving feature for those who prefer to design HTML by hand, i.e. with those <div></div> stuff. Frustrated for the lag of this feature in PHPED, I have to frequently reverted back to Notepad++ to get things tidy.

Since Notepad++ is an open source editor and you can easily grab the idea from their code, I think implementing this feature on the upcoming version shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm eagerly looking forward to this very feature.

i do not think taking their source would make things easier.

the highlighter is a great idea of course.
just that a better tagclosing should save us more ;O)
View user's profileFind all posts by AbroSend private messageVisit poster's website
tag pairs highlighting