NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

unfortunatly I started to get this error A LOT, and it is pretty annoying indeed.

What i suggest is with all the warrings and stuff, could you add at what line ( and file) did the parser "get stuck" so i can comment, remove this pice of code while i am working, and also us ( the user's ) being able to tell you which "pices" of code breaks the parser.

I simply can't see a solution to this. Running PHPEd 15 Pro 64 bit on Win 8.1 64 bit, PHPEd is complaining about low memory, when TaskManager shows I am using only 49% of 8GB. I think I might see if I can find a more reliable PHP editor.

Indeed. But I already have a NuSphere PhpED for Windows Professional Subscription Renewal

munder wrote:
Indeed. But I already have a NuSphere PhpED for Windows Professional Subscription Renewal

I see, I haven't renewed this year - was waiting to see what the next big update was going to bring. The framework integration was nice but doesn't really work that well for symfony and no Twig support which is the big deal breaker for me....

But they seem to have gone very quiet since the last update in October. There haven't been any bug fixes for the last 4 or 5 months which is really unusual given there are people raising unresolved issues in this forum. They don't even seem to be monitoring the forum because just a mention of a competitor product and your post usually gets deleted. I just have the feeling in my gut that they either taking a long holiday, jumped ship or working on something else....I would hate to think they are just collecting subscription revenue and not using that to improve the product.
Guru master

I thought the updates for 15020 and 15024 had both been released fairly recently?

They've never appeared to 'monitor' this forum; every so often someone (normally Dmitri) seems to have a session and respond to posts, often just before or after a new release.

I'm not going to defend PhpED on whatever it is doing as far memory checking is concerned, but please do have a look at the resource usage from other applications and consider if it is them that are somehow using more memory than they should maybe use.

Currently I'm looking at TaskMgr on one remote desktop and I can see that the TermService process has crept up to 5GB usage because it has a slow memory leak. It always does that over the weeks/months because I rarely restart this computer, but a restart of the service fixes it. I've seen horrendous memory usage from Chrome with lots of open windows and plugins. Firefox used to creep up to huge memory used over the course of debugging for a day, but later versions appear to have fixed that.

Some people are maybe confused between current physical memory usage, and memory that is committed if every application suddenly wanted all of its allocated memory. My understanding of the problem (I could be wrong!) is that PhpED is checking the total committed memory, not just the physical memory. So you might have 49% used of 8GB physical memory, but you might currently have an additional 4GB of pagefile used and if that was suddenly demanded, you would have 100% physical memory used.

I don't understand why PhpED has a particular sensitivity for such a memory condition; I would have thought it could do what most other applications would do and that is to start paging, potentially heavily & giving bad performance, but at least that then becomes your problem and PhpED isn't interfering.

For the people having problems (which I don't BTW, even on an 8GB system) is it PhpED using the memory or is it other applications? Debugging large projects (Magento) over long periods without restarting PhpED, I rarely see its peak working set go above around 900MB, although have on rare occasions seen it go higher. I'm unsure if PhpED itself has bugs that cause memory leaks, but so far in forum comments about this problem I've seen very little in the way of useful technical information Confused

plugnplay wrote:
I thought the updates for 15020 and 15024 had both been released fairly recently?

Not sure, I didn't get any email notifications. Doesn't matter anyway, faced with the choice of paying another year of maintenance I have decided to move on (thx munder). I have realized just how far PhpEd has fallen behind which is pity as it is really a good product but it needs a lot of additional features (eg git/svn integration, twig & blade support, Angular js) to make it worthwhile going forward. The market is moving way to quickly for phped.... I am not knocking PhpEd, it's a great product until you reach a much higher level of development then it kinda lacks in features I use constantly.

BTW, agree with memory leaks, although it may build over time, it's more likely other programs chewing up memory, but the bigger the project and more files open can slow things down, especially when creating new files and the code tree updates.
Guru master

I reported an issue some time ago with scanning always slowing me down. Every time I rename/copy/move a file or create a directory, it seems to do an scan for maybe 5 to 10 seconds, despite there being no apparent reason for it.

I do work exclusively with files on a network share and I'm sure that can make things slower, but older versions of PhpED didn't seem to have this slowdown (or at least not as often) and even the current version doesn't do it all the time.

At this very moment it is frustrating the hell out of me, because at least for me a 5-10 second interruption is actually enough to interrupt & interfere with the smooth thought process as I was making changes. Mad

PLS. Fix this problem! It's annoying!
Guru master

@CrazyPHP: I assume you mean the memory issue? Obviously not everyone has this problem. I assume most of the people that have posted to this thread probably do have it, except me.

@everyone: Has anyone here actually tried reporting the problem to NuSphere and worked with them to try and understand and fix it???

I ask because whilst I've seen a few posts from the same people about this same problem, and I've also asked in the past if anyone has reported it, no one has ever given any indication that they have done anything more than post to a forum which NuSphere has made very clear is not for support issues.

I've reported a variety of issues (some of them quite complex) and feature requests directly to NuSphere, have worked with them on the issues, and they are resolved. That includes the repeated scanning issue that I previously mentioned.

All reasonably involved software development needs the assistance of users. NuSphere cannot be expected to be able to emulate every one of your computers and software configurations; for some problems you really need to consider assisting them.
System is low on virtual memory