NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[done] Switching tabs using tab key (keyboard)

When switching tabs using keyboard (ctrl+tab key) it cycles open tabs. Is it possible to cycle in last opened tab mode instead (Like UltraEdit or opera). That way I can quickly change between 2 or 3 tabs no matter if I have 6 od 30 tabs opened. Currently if I have more opened tabs I need to use keyboard.
Site Admin

Ctrl-Tab to open tab on the right and Shift-Ctrl-Tab to switch to the tab on the left.
BTW You can assign different shortcuts if you want.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Yes, thank you! This is great. But I was thinking about the same keyboard combination but it would not switch using right/left order but on the last recently used order of tabs.

For example:
I have: Tab1 | Tab2 | Tab3 | Tab4
If I'm working ot Tab2 and then I switch to Tab4 when I press Ctrl+Tab I would like it to switch to Tab2 again (not Tab1 as now Smile ). Then, when I'm in Tab2 and I press Ctrl+Tab it would switch to Tab4.

Examples of this are UltraEdit and Opera - both of them are using the same way of switching tabs. It's very usefully so that you don't need to think do you need to move right or left just to go back to the previous open tab (they can be separated by more tabs Smile ).

I just forgot to mention that the way you are displaying Tabs, and the option to be able to move tabs is great! The way you are doing is much, much, better than Zend does it.

Hi all

I know this feature from other IDE's like Visual Studio and i REALLY miss it in PhpEd!!
It's a must-have, please consider it for future versions.

greets

I've submited the same feature some time ago ( switch-to-last-used-tab-with-ctrl-tab-t2470.html ) and I'd really appreciate it

I also made that request: tab-switching-tab-rows-number-t2367.html

Hi dmitri

Did you consider this request for a future release?
Would be great!

greets

This is a very important feature. Windows itself uses it for switching windows (alt+tab) and know it also from the Visual Studio. It really boost your productivity. It should be quite simple to add it to the PhpED. Please do it Smile

Just to add another request - I've only been using PhpEd for a few days and the lack of standard Ctrl-Tab behaviour is driving me up the wall!

I bought PhpEd anyway as all the good other stuff is worth it, but please please fix Ctrl-Tab...

Slacker wrote:
Just to add another request - I've only been using PhpEd for a few days and the lack of standard Ctrl-Tab behaviour is driving me up the wall!

I bought PhpEd anyway as all the good other stuff is worth it, but please please fix Ctrl-Tab...

This is standard Windows Ctrl-(Shift-)Tab behaviour, i.e. switching between windows within an application (try it with other multi-window applications). I wouldn't mind this functionality though. Perhaps not assigned by default, but as an option in the shortcuts?

nothsa wrote:

This is standard Windows Ctrl-(Shift-)Tab behaviour, i.e. switching between windows within an application (try it with other multi-window applications). I wouldn't mind this functionality though. Perhaps not assigned by default, but as an option in the shortcuts?

Sorry - too used to DevStudio/VisualStudio's behaviour, I guess.

It matches the way I use Alt-Tab - i.e. I can use the key shortcut to quickly swap between two applications or files without thinking.

+1 from me for Opera-like tabs
View user's profileFind all posts by NatanielSend private messageVisit poster's website
[done] Switching tabs using tab key (keyboard)