NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Any plans for integration into PHPed?

I see that the last reply to this thread was last year. I'm just getting setup to restart work on a project that I had been using Eclipse and Subversion for development. I'd like to move it into PHPed but there is no integrated Subversion support, apparently. Given that if I install Tortoise CVS it automatically recognizes it and integrates it into the menus why can't the same thing happen with Tortoise SVN?

I'd really prefer that over having to hack in custom menus as described earlier in this thread. If I have to go to that bother for each proejct that uses subversion then I'll just stick with Eclipse until the support gets added to PHPed.
Site Admin

Quote:
Given that if I install Tortoise CVS it automatically recognizes it and integrates it into the menus why can't the same thing happen with Tortoise SVN?
Not sure that I got the question.
Both Tortoise SVN and Tortoise CVS are integrated into Windows Shell.
They work this way independently of PhpED. Latter one just picks up what so ever is integrated with Windows Shell Smile

In other words, if you install Tortoise SVN, it will be accessible from PhpED menus and appropriate status will be shown for the files and directories.

I see what threw me off then. I tried to create a new project and immediately was faced with the choice of source control mechanisms, which were CVS or None. Well, I wanted to use SVN! I was afraid that if I selected None then I'd have no access to the shell menu that contains the SVN actions.

Given your note I went ahead and created the project with the None choice and see that I can in fact use the Tortoise SVN actions through the shell menu.

I guess this was just a case of a UI design whose action consequences were unclear to me.

We need real SVN support not tortoise.
Site Admin

Isn't tortoiseSVN a real SVN?

Just to include the reference:

Both ways to use SVN are described at
http://www.nusphere.com/kb/technicalfaq/tip_phped_and_svn.htm

For me the Shell Version works fine and i think there are features more important to look at first Wink [-> read multirow tabs]

dmitri wrote:
Isn't tortoiseSVN a real SVN?

It is a client to SVN. I use it and it works, but there is much more comfort when the IDE itself works as a client to the source control. And there is a reason why it was named "Tortoise" SVN.
Veteran

Ok so TortoiseSVN will work.

But I would love to see it fully integrated, including a merge facility, where you could combine versions.

I remember the time when I developed in IBM Visual Age, It had a very cool repository system, you could even debug code in the repository.

I would love to see a better native SVN integration in PHPed.
svn support