NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Support to right-to-left languages

We are located in Israel and developing websites mostly in hebrew.
Right now any hebrew text in the code appears with every word seen correctly with the letters ordered from right to left, but the order of the words in the sentense is reversed. For example the line "one two three" is seen in hebrew as "three two one" (if the letters where hebrew letters that is).

Also, and I assume this is true for all non-english languages, when copying text into the clipboard the hebrew letters become latin letters. I assume this is some kind of a codepage/unicode problem but I don't know much on the subject.

Edit:
Another issue with languaes is that the different dock windows use fonts that render hebrew letters (and again, I assume that other languages behave the same) as "?". Or simply put english only fonts. this makes it hard to change variable values in the watches window for example.
Site Admin

treeview component is able to display variables with proper content.
If you don't see symbols properly transleterated please make sure that the code page is properly set in the DbgListener configuration.
Although, there are some problems with making such symbols properly accepted when you change a variable value. I think it can be fixed in the next version.
Regarding Editor itself, I believe it's a hard problem and we need native contributor(s) who would help us.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Unicoded we are..
Reuvenm

This is not just display problem, you can't edit Hebrew words unless you delete the whole line, and overwrite.

As for a temp cure for the garbled text in Hebrew and other coded langs, I copy onto the WordPad, were native editing is permitted, and then again copy back to PHPed.
But, hey, we need self contained editor Wink
Support to right-to-left languages