NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Site Admin

I saw such images, not sure how to help though.

Hi,

Many thanks for your work to test to try and replicate these issues Dimitri. I have updated my drivers to the latest revision and still notice that the highlighting boxes, indentation lines and collapsable boxes are still flickering whilst inputting text. This was not the case prior to phped v13.

Perhaps rather than just stating 'the flickering is still there' and hoping that the engineers at nusphere can determine what might be causing this, something like the output from dxdiag would be helpful?

I run win7 64x, with an asus branded amd EAH5450 Series video card running the latest version of the catalyst drivers 14.4 using eyefinity for multimonitor support running at 60mhz.

Please let me know if you feel this issue still warrants investigation and how I might be able to assist.

Again many thanks

Matthew
Site Admin

My answer was about the following:
Estigy wrote:
And it seems that the theming color options for the indent guides seem not to work.
No matter what (light) color I choose, they always are rendered black.

and the following:
waynes wrote:
It does work but not as one would expect. Changing the color seems to change the background color of the dots, not the color of the dots which is what I would have expected. I was also excited about this feature but turned it off pretty quickly as it is too heavy and distracting. Prefer to have it a very light color so that it is not that obvious.

These troubles are due to bugs in graphics drivers implemented TransparentBlt in a wrong way.

dmitri wrote:
My answer was about the following:
Estigy wrote:
And it seems that the theming color options for the indent guides seem not to work.
No matter what (light) color I choose, they always are rendered black.

and the following:
waynes wrote:
It does work but not as one would expect. Changing the color seems to change the background color of the dots, not the color of the dots which is what I would have expected. I was also excited about this feature but turned it off pretty quickly as it is too heavy and distracting. Prefer to have it a very light color so that it is not that obvious.

These troubles are due to bugs in graphics drivers implemented TransparentBlt in a wrong way.

Dmitri, I disagree that it is a bug in the graphics driver. I am using a fairly new laptop with the latest drivers and not experiencing any problems in any other application. As a designer I use graphics intensively so I would know if I had a bug, but if as you say, its a bug with the graphics card, then there are going to be thousands of people using Nvidia GeForce GT 630 graphics cards that are going to affected, not to mention the graphic cards of the others in this thread that are affected by this issue. I understand and respect the fact that different screens and different graphic cards do display differently and you can't possibly cater for everyone, but that does not mean this issue is a bug in a graphics card. Nor does it mean there is a bug in your code but perhaps you could look for a method that is a little more compatible so that it works faultlessly across a wider range of graphic cards? You have mentioned it works across multiple OS platforms but have you tested multiple hardware platforms? I am happy not to use this feature for now as I don't have the flickering others mention, only the dark & heavy indent lines, but as a long standing paid up supporter of you product (since v4) I have seen many improvements to the product and resolutions to issues so I am sure you can find a better way to do this.....
Site Admin

It is not our software changes the color for the lines when you select different anti-aliasing modes for the font. That's it. All other reasoing is irrelevant. You can disagree, but you can't explain why otherwise the same code works fine in other machines, including real and virtual. No machines I could find here exposed any problems with indent guide colors. We checked different cards - ATI, NVidia, S3, Intel (embedded into cpu), under different OSes, under different color settings. No problems at all. It must be something wrong with your machine.

what I have is also NVidia, although a bit outdated:
Driver: NVIDIA
Version: 6.14.13.2101
Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
and I checked under W xp32, xp64, w7/32, w7/64, w8/64 and w8.1/64

As of flicker, it may appear if you turn on Word Wrap, add some folded regions (collapsed text), adjust resolution to highest level to see more lines of text at once.

During Beta I tested this PhpED feature on AMD FirePro, VMware SVGA (Remote Desktop), NVidia GeForce GT 555M and NVidia Quadro NVS 160M. None of them have any apparent issues with setting colour of Indent guides; I've set both the Active and Inactive guides quite light using the Default theme.

I've also tested with Carbon theme using 20pt text; when I changed the colour of the guides it changed the colour of the 'dots' (actually small dashes as that size) and it worked fine. Certainly didn't change the colour of the background rather than the dots.

I do see a slight flicker in the lines when editing text, but what I see myself is at a level that I would consider expected and most acceptable for an editor display refresh.

I dare say other Beta testers have a variety of different hardware as well.

waynes wrote:
I will log a bug report with images.

how can I log bug report with images?
thanks in advance.
Guru master

You can use this form to contact NuSphere Support
http://www.nusphere.com/contact_us/

plugnplay wrote:
You can use this form to contact NuSphere Support
http://www.nusphere.com/contact_us/

but I want to show them some images/screenshots from my computer when sending bug report.
how to do this?
Guru master

Once you've made the report and NuSphere have responded, it will revert over to email Smile
Same issue here :/

I haven't updated since PhpED 12... I just got 15 and discovered this issue.
I have a dual display layout, laptop with integrated Intel Graphics HD4000 series adapter.
Tried moving my color calibration settings (both Windows and Intel) with no success.
Flickering seems like a visual side effect due the pattern of the guides (no disturbing flickering though).
Selecting color on the "Indent guides" brushes seems to apply it to background pixels, foreground remains black.
Note: I'm using PhpED x64, Win 8.0
Suggestions to improve Indent guides