NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Suggestions / questions
Veteran

Hello,

is there any way to force a smartsync to continue past errors? (ie, there's really no need to halt everything if a file has wrong permissions, for example. We can look at the log afterwards and take all necessary corrective measures, rather than stopping at every problem).

Secondly, is there a way to hide backup files from the workspace? If not, that would really be helpful on big sites that already have too many files!

Another thing I'd really love to have is a wrap-around option for search.
Couldn't find a "code cleanup/re-indent" feature. Is there one? Is it possible to change hotkeys that are not part of drop down menus (ie, Delete Line = CTRL-Y)?
Also, how about an "auto upload" on save option (I find myself always doing CTRL-S, ALT-CTRL-S!) since I do everything remote.

Question about multiple undo: there are some bugs in there where undoing multiple steps doesn't actually produce the previous text (letters get muddled up). Also, is it necessary to add cursor positions to the undo stack? Seems like a bit of an oversight.

Lastly, I think it would be great if there were a general option to turn off all intrusive dialog boxes that only ask for confirmation (ie, "Search string not found"). Instead, I'd suggest a small "status" area (maybe with colour coded error messages based on severity) and a sound to draw your attention. I just find that interactive dialog boxes just slow you down needlessly, in most cases.

I hope this doesn't sound like a rant; I really like using phpED.
Hmmm, I'd intended to report problems, and now realize this mail is full of suggestions. Should've posted it in the feature request forum, I guess...

Martin
Site Admin

Hi Martin,

Thanks, all your suggestions make sense.
Hope, you'll be interested in phped 3.3 beta-testing when it comes.

Quote:
Secondly, is there a way to hide backup files from the workspace? If not, that would really be helpful on big sites that already have too many files

Project->options->Hide files. You can set there a comma separated list, for example
Code:
*.bak,*.~,*~.*

Quote:
Question about multiple undo: there are some bugs in there where undoing multiple steps doesn't actually produce the previous text (letters get muddled up). Also, is it necessary to add cursor positions to the undo stack? Seems like a bit of an oversight

Try out when Tools->Settings->Editor options->Group Undo is checked.
Anyways, cursor position is included in undo buffer otherwise it simply won't work correctly.

Dmitri.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Aah!
Veteran

Hi Dmitri,

thanks for the response. Very glad to see I can hide files from the project Smile

I turned block undo on (dunno why I'd turned it off in the first place!). Much easier to work with.

Looking forward to the next release -- any alpha sites? I'd love to help, if that'll make a difference.

Martin

(A nearly 3 years old post, impressive !)

But back to the business:

The way the UNDO is working bothers me: The cursor positions are recorded and undoed also.
It seems that this is needed for the correct working of the UNDO buffer, but why not also record a sort of changing flag of the recorded actions.

This way it would be possible to skip the non changing actions and each keystroke would undo just the past changes
(just char by char or block by block, depending of the Tools->Settings->Editor options->Group selection).
Of course this new "fast undo' should be also in the settings as it would change the actual beheavior of PhpED...

Dan
Veteran

Yeah, I still think my original suggestion is valid:

cursor movements should be concatenated with the last keystroke in the undo stack!

Dmitri?
Suggestions / questions