NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Suggestion for Filebrowsing (open and save)

It would be a great feature if phped could use the path of the current open File as default path for opening files, because if i have files in different directories currently i have always to click to the right directory if i would open another file (which is really annoying if you have a "deep" directory-structure).

for example:

i have following (already) open files:

c:\testdir\project1\file1.php
x:\testdirx\projectx\file10.php

If I would open another file from Path "c:\testdir\project1" i click into the first open file and then click on the "open file requester", this requester is using path of (selected) open file and show's immediatly contents of "c:\testdir\project1". If i would open another file from Path "x:\testdirx\projectx", i click into the second open file and then click on the "open file" icon. got me?

regards
Site Admin

You may want to use Explorer docked window to open files. It's faster than open files through Open File dialog.
If you have set up projects, you may open files from Workspace window.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
thanks for your reply

but what if i do not have projects because i want to edit a single file within a directory. if i open another file from another directory the open dialog always the directory of the last opened file, it would be of much help if it would use the path of the actual "active" file Wink

by the way it would be of great help if the explorer would also allow access to network-shares (not mapped drives).
Site Admin

Quote:
by the way it would be of great help if the explorer would also allow access to network-shares (not mapped drives)

Explorer does not support them while File Open Dialog does. It's acceptable to enter \\hostname\sharename\ in the filename input.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Suggestion for Filebrowsing (open and save)