NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Subversion with Win/PhpEd

Hi,

Is anyone using Subversion/Tortoise SVN with PhpEd and how easy/difficult is it to set up? I'm still evaluating and notice that the project properties menu has entries for CVS but nothing specifically for SVN, does this make it more difficult to integrate etc and does Tortoise SVNs integrated menuing syustem work straight out of the box or are there any issues which need investigating?

TIA

MrCrussell

Check phped-and-cvs-on-windows-t1624.html?highlight=tortoise and search the forums for "subversion", "svn" and "tortoise", that will bring up a lot of threads discussing it.

I use it. It's not integrated but it works well and with Tortoise, you get the icons and suchlike to show status. Also, you can access the shell menu through PHPed which gives you access to the Tortoise controls, although I just keep Explorer open when developing for all such access.

Yup, got access to the SVN stuff via the Tortoise install, the shell and all that but it seems like sort of a long way round to commit/checkout etc.

It would be PERFECT (Read: Feature Request!!) if it could be integrated properly like CVS.

From the General FAQ Forum:

tip-svn-subversion-and-phped-v4-t1888.html
Veteran

One helpful little tip that I'm sure is mentioned in one of the already-linked threads: if you control-right-click in the Workspace tab, you get direct access to the shell menu (where the commit command lives). This saves you navigating to a secondary menu.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

bobwilliams wrote:
One helpful little tip that I'm sure is mentioned in one of the already-linked threads: if you control-right-click in the Workspace tab, you get direct access to the shell menu (where the commit command lives). This saves you navigating to a secondary menu.

oh wow... never found that one! Thanks!
Subversion with Win/PhpEd