NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Subversion (SVN) Toolbar & Keyboard Shortcuts

Hey guys,

I know the whole SVN issue thing is something you are addressing with TortoiseSVN.

The status icons show up in the Workspace window, and I can shortcut to the OS shell context menu (which contains TortoiseSVN commands) with a Ctrl+RightClick. I found out about the Ctrl button trick today, which is great!

SVN is certainly doable using this method, but I just had the following suggestions that would really put the icing on the cake as far as SVN integration is concerned:

Workspace window should refresh automatically when the file system changes (I think when you commit, there is a hidden .svn folder that gets written to), so that the SVN icon overlays are always correct

A TortoiseSVN toolbar could be added with buttons for Commit, Update, Rollback etc. You can just route the requests to the TortoiseSVN program, and use the currently opened file as the subject. You might want to include an option to commit all open/changed files in the project, as well as automatically doing prompting an SVN Update when you load the project up for the first time that day

Keyboard shortcuts to SVN Commit (this would be easy after a toolbar is made)

Matthew

hey thanks ctrl + right click is a ripper shortcut my friend
View user's profileFind all posts by herculesmorseSend private messageMSN Messenger

Was just thinking, if you could ctrl + right click on the File Bar and have the same effect that would be nice.
View user's profileFind all posts by herculesmorseSend private messageMSN Messenger
Site Admin

Quote:
Was just thinking, if you could ctrl + right click on the File Bar and have the same effect that would be nice

why not?
did you try this in 5.5?