NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
subversion - better integration than tortoise

I think PHPED needs better subversion integration instead of relying on another shell client like tortoise svn.

It would be great to have icons/buttons in the PHPED interface and menu for checkout/in etc.

I second that idea - subversion integration is one of the main reason I didn't switch to developing in phpED on a full-time basis for large projects (still use it for occasional fixes on remote ftp sites though)
Site Admin

I do not know what subversion integration you mean.
What our customers are using is Tortoise SVN (a graphical toolset) integration and it suites them best. I don's see any problem that this might create. In contrary, it's very convenient. Because of tortoise you can see status (see green or red sub-icons in the file trees):
tip-svn-subversion-and-phped-v4-t1888.html

Just an extra hint for those tempted to use the "it requires more time to reach the shell menu"-argument: Hold control while you right click a file/folder.
When you do it like that, PhpED+TortoiseSVN is an awesome combo, and it gives you all the SVN functionality at once.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Blizz wrote:
Just an extra hint for those tempted to use the "it requires more time to reach the shell menu"-argument: Hold control while you right click a file/folder.
When you do it like that, PhpED+TortoiseSVN is an awesome combo, and it gives you all the SVN functionality at once.

I agree, I have absolutely no problem using TortoiseSVN with PhpEd - it was one of the reasons I did switch.
In the project explorer the Tortoise icons (up-to-date, out-of-date etc) are always shown.

My only gripe is that when committing a file (or indeed if the SVN status of a file changes), the project explorer does not update until a Refresh is done.
I doubt there's anything that could be done about that, short of refreshing the project tree at regular intervals which could possibly be annoying/time consuming.
View user's profileFind all posts by mailnet_ukSend private messageVisit poster's website

You still can have the T-SVN menu added right on the project tree context-menu instead on shell, extra click saved Wink
So if you can customize the context-menu the way Tortoise SVN let you customize shell menu with buttons to show up etc, that would be perfect.
Veteran

Blizz wrote:
Just an extra hint for those tempted to use the "it requires more time to reach the shell menu"-argument: Hold control while you right click a file/folder. When you do it like that, PhpED+TortoiseSVN is an awesome combo, and it gives you all the SVN functionality at once.
Cool, I did not know this! Cool