NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
stylesheets tag problem

Let me start by saying that I love this IDE, everything is very well integrated (CVS, database, and Help/Manuals), and it makes working in my favourite web scripting language (php of course =) all the more enjoyable..

But one thing I recently discovered has me perplexed...

Currently, if I go "File" -> "New" and select "New Style.css" to open a style sheet it populates it with the folowing:

Code:
<STYLE type="text/css">
BODY, TD {

}

A {
}

A:Hover {
}
</STYLE>

Great, but the problem is that stylesheets themselves are NOT supposed to contain <STYLE> tags. Browsers will not interpret the css info if these tags are in the stylesheet.

Well, silly, just remove the tags you say?

Sure, but then I lose all intellisense functionality in my CSS. I thought this functionality would be based on the file extension (as well as tags for style embedded directly in html obviously) ???

Am I missing something? Is there some way to get intellisense back in stylesheets without adding the <STYLE> tags back in?

Highlighting works fine for me as long as file has .css extension. And you can modify default template file, the CSS template is located at template directory.

Indeed, the code hilighting works. I am referring to the "Intellisense" (sorry for the MS terminology) or "code-completion" functionality stopping once the <script> tags are removed from the external css file.

Yes, this seems to be the case. The issue is added to our bug-tracker now.
stylesheets tag problem