NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
strip_tags for customizations?
Guru master

Would you consider adding a strip_tags like function for the customizations entries? Something that you can activate and then all html is stripped. I have a few items i frequently use that output html and it would be cool that i could strip that out.

Also if the tools include linenumbers in their output that it could be detected if you set it: eg the tool outputs
W:\Filename.php(line 39): blah
that you could specify like (line %) or so and that it would detect the linenumber so you can double click on the logline.

The 2nd one is a bit much to ask, i realize that, but I would be already very happy if the first was possible Smile

If both of them could be done they would make my life a lot easier in using some of my standalone tools Smile

Never hurts to ask, right? Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

so you'd like to see something like Edit -> Strip HTML Tags menu that would strips all tags from the currently opened file? or something like this in the file tab popup? I think it can be done easily with phped 3.3. See FAQ on how to use external PHP scripts to process the files in PHPED IDE (HOW TO use php scripts for editing). I think it's not too hard to call appropriate function(s) in php Smile

regarding the 2nd request, I'm not sure I understand what tools you mean.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

No i guess i didn't give a proper explanation:

I have added in customizations serveral tools that give back output for which i redirect the output stream to the log window. Both of the requests i do are regarding the output there. So not on the file itself but on the output of the command.

The commands output text like this:
W:\file.php(line 7): note that you shouldn't be using this variable anymore, look at <a href=".....">this</a> for more information.

It would be cool to be able to enable tag stripping for the redirection and perhaps interpret the (line 7) part (thanks to the (line %d) for example so that if you double click on the entry you jump to the sourceline, like with a php error etc.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

hmmm, we may consider adding a kind of parsing for the output lines using regexps like this
Code:
^([^(]*)\([ ]*line[^0-9]*([0-9]*)[ ]*\)[^:]*:(.*)$
and the sequence of the arguments
1-filename
2-line
3-text

it shouldn't be too hard to be done in the next version.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

Having asked for this already in the past I can't say how cool I would find that Smile
strip_tags for customizations?