NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Strange auto-completion in .less files

It seems that auto-completion for .less files does not work properly in PHPEd v18. (It did not in v17 either, but it has not been actual.)

So far as I understand, when editing a property or value in .less file you can expect a drop-down list of respective endings to finish input in one or two clicks. It works so for .css files as well as .php files.

However, in .less files you only can get list of possible endings for values (both standard CSS values and @variables), but not for properties.

The question is, is it a bug or the developers' intention? In latter case, the idea seems doubtful, because using PHPEd for editing .less files in such a mode is technically senseless.

I cannot exclude there is some setting that can fix this behaviour, but was unable to locate anything like that.

Any ideas?
Guru master

Auto-completion doesn't work properly in SCSS files either. I've found a variety of situations where the auto-completion stops popping up, or doesn't show values that are valid.

plugnplay wrote:
Auto-completion doesn't work properly in SCSS files either. I've found a variety of situations where the auto-completion stops popping up, or doesn't show values that are valid.

I have never got a problem working with CSS files. In any case, the questions I have asked are as specific as possible, and I would be happy to have specific comments or answers, if possible.
Guru master

I mentioned Scss (not CSS) because there are some similarities with less in the parsing differences compared to CSS. Therefore, I was hinting that it likely to be PhpED issues.

Probably best for you to report it as an issue to NuSphere.

plugnplay wrote:
I mentioned Scss (not CSS) because there are some similarities with less in the parsing differences compared to CSS. Therefore, I was hinting that it likely to be PhpED issues.
Probably best for you to report it as an issue to NuSphere.

Sorry for this misunderstanding. Yes, I believe there should be similar problems with SASS files because it appears like a conceptual fault, not bug.

As for reporting—I've made a try, but being an owner of personal license was proposed to use the forum. So I did. Hope there will be some elucidation from the developers.
Strange auto-completion in .less files