NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
SQL Editor not working for me

Here's the basic setup:

I have a connection to the database, and can see the tables and other info. When I type my query in and hit the lightning bolt (CTL-E) it either informs me when there's an error in my query or it shows me a sized, empty results box.

It will not show me the results of my query. It does let me know if and how the query is incorrect very nicely though. Does this sound like a bug or something that I have configured incorrectly?

-- Jeff
Site Admin

- what was the actual error message given ?
- what MySQL server version do you run ?
- what MySQL distribution have you installed ?
- what is the structure of your table ? Is there BLOB column ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

- what was the actual error message given ?

No error message. When I hit the lighning bolt (CTL-E) it refreshes but stays blank. The picture included was taken directly after I executed the statement. The very first time I connect to the DB Client that little box in the result window (in the picture above) resizes but stays blank.

- what MySQL server version do you run ?

I tried this and received the same results on two different MySql databases. One is running 3.23.56 and the other is 3.23.54.

- what MySQL distribution have you installed ?

Not sure what you mean here. One I installed from RH 8 and the other from RH 9 if that helps.

- what is the structure of your table ? Is there BLOB column ?

None of the tables have BLOB/CLOBs. I tested on two different db schemas with different structures. They are relational schemas with:

INTEGER
VARCHAR
SMALLINT
DECIMAL
TIME
TEXT
TIMESTAMP
CHAR
DATE
MEDIUMINT

fields interspersed. Let me know if I can provide additional info, I'm happy to do so.
Site Admin

I looked closer to your screenshot and discovered that you actually ran BATCH script instead of just plain select.
Please remove semicolon at the end of select statement.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
SQL Editor not working for me