NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
splitting (breaking) lines automatically

Is there a feature that allows you to split (break) lines automatically? Not in terms of HTML, that is, not inserting BR tags, but in terms of adding newlines.

I can do this in Notepad++ and right now I have to copy and paste into there to do this.

thanks,
-pt
Veteran

It sounds like what you are after is the enter key. Smile

I have Notepad++, but don't use it enough to know exactly what you are talking about. Tell me how to do what you are wanting in Notepad++, and I'll tell you if you can do it in PHPEd.

ha ha - I did say 'automatically' Wink

In Notepad++ it's Ctrl+I or Edit > Line Operations > Split Lines. There's also the inverse, Join Lines.

If you have lots of stuff on a really long line, you highlight it and do Split Lines. It will break it up the line with line breaks to fit in the current window - like wrapping but inserting line breaks instead of wrapping to the window.

-pt
Veteran

Oh I see - that's pretty cool. No, PHPEd does not have anything like it that I'm aware of.

You could submit a feature request through the support system and maybe they'll implement it. My concern though is that it would probably be tricky getting it working correctly in different situations (such as in PHPDoc comments where each line starts with a *).
splitting (breaking) lines automatically