NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Sounds good but I am not seeing much success

Wish it was that way for me
trialed V5.00 without success mainly setup problems I am sure
Purchased 5.2 after reading the glowing reports but not much success
after 3 or more updates ending with 5240 I am still stuck with a system that is obviously not set up optimally. Where Do I find full set up and configuration information so I can get these isues out of the way
before attempting to get up and running finally
Using Windows 2000, no local access to the hosts MYSQL via my local PHPED workstation.
Not sure how to set up debugging.
Regards

Last edited by ronyoung on Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin

Hi ronyoung,

I'm sorry for the problems, but did you try to contact support? I just checked and did not find anybody contacted with either your email or nick.

Quote:
Where Do I find full set up and configuration information

Normally, all the info is in the manual. But first, what was the problem you're talking about? IDE works right out of box and does not require any changes in the settings. Just create a file with php extension, put one - two php statements and press F7. It will do.

Hi
The main problem has been the number of upgades each time I have upgraded the settings seem to have been changed by the time I get it up and running there is a new upgrade and a new set of problems
The latest upgrade / Fix seems to be better but I did not copy over the new php.ini files, that improved things
Getting PHPED fully functional is another matter
There is a lot of information in the manual which would be great, once I am familiar but which info do I need to use and what do I need to set up to achieve a working IDE or do I set everything up Telnet SSH FTP etc etc to work with my host.

I think I have been spoilt by using Dreamweaver for so long, everything was in the manual and I have long since forgot the learning curve
Can you Guide me on the correct setup /setting to run the IDE using a remote server with MySql only available as localhost to the (remote) resident php routines, some sort of getting started guide, what to upload to my server space, set up telnet SSH etc
I normally only link with FTP.
I purchased PHPED using a new username & Password so you will not find any call for help on my account.

PhpED uses a separate account for each type of connection. If you go to the Tools|Accounts dialog, when you push the New button, you'll be given a choice of connection types. Select the ones you want. Personally, I use SFTP (secure FTP) for everything and haven't had any problems. If you decide to have more than one type of connection for a remote site, I suggest putting the type of connection into the account name.

Each project can be associated with a single account for publishing purposes. So once you've created an account, you can go into the Project Properties dialog and select the account to be associated with the project.

If you plan on doing remote debugging, you'll need to set up a mapping. Personally, I do all my debugging locally, as it's simpler, faster, and I can keep working if I'm on the road without a net connection.

If PHPed has an account to FTP to a remote site will it be able to that site's database? I'm working with a database and currently upload the files for testing and would like to run the file from my computer and access the remote database.

If it is possible to run a file locally and have it access a remote database is it then possible to run Debugger locally on that same file?
Sounds good but I am not seeing much success