NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Sorting in Workspace

This is an "annoyance" bug which has been present since 5.5 was released; it hasn't been fixed for 5.6 so I thought I'd raise it now.

Say in my project, I have the following file layout:

Workspace
-- Project
---- Folder 1
------ File 1
------ File 2
---- Folder 2

If I rename "File 1" to "File 3", it should be ordered below File 2, right? Wrong - it says where it is, so I get "File 3" followed by "File 2."

If I click on Folder 1 (it's parent folder) and hit Refresh (or F5) it still doesn't re-order it's contents, so File 3 is still above File 2.
If, however, I click on the Project and hit Refresh (or F5) it then re-orders the contents of "Folder 1."

On the flipside, going back to the original structure above, if I rename "File 1" to "File 3" outside of PhpEd (ie. Explorer), and hit Refresh on Folder 1, it does re-sort its contents.

Even more interesting, is if I rename Folder 1 in the above structure to Folder 3 - no matter where I hit Refresh, PhpEd doesn't re-sort - at all. But if I then create a folder within Folder 3 (previously Folder 1) - PhpEd then sorts the tree.

Can this be looked at, as it's slightly annoying. It would be good if when you rename a file (or folder) in Workspace, it automatically re-sorts the folder containing the item you just renamed.
View user's profileFind all posts by mailnet_ukSend private messageVisit poster's website

I just wanted to let people know that I reported this to NuSphere using the form at the URL below, and today (2 days later) they've fixed it with their new update!

https://shop.nusphere.com/customer/support.php

Great going NuSphere!

My only qualm would be there was no communication regarding the bug fix (I had an e-mail confirming the report but no communication thereafter - I only found out it had fixed by looking at the changelog.)
View user's profileFind all posts by mailnet_ukSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

I would agree on that one. Some sort of bugzilla or ticketing system would be very handy. I have to admit though that I have experience with a client-accessible BZ and that it is a hell to manage, so I understand why they would hesitate to setup one. A ticketing system though would improve a lot.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Sorting in Workspace