NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
"Sorry, the product is not authorized"

Message „Sorry, the product is not authorized for use on this machine“ appears when I open Nusphere using command "Open with PhpEd" on any PHP file.
View user's profileFind all posts by dgxSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

this is not a bug, and if it was a bug, you'd post it to support, right?

For me on Windows Vista x64, if PhpED 6029 is not already running it starts up fine but does not open the file (I've seen that on other apps as well). If PhpEd is already running, it opens the file fine. I don't see the error that you get, so it's not a general issue.

What's the possibility that the shell command for Open with is accessing a different version of PhpED on your computer, which no longer has an active license? You might need to play around with file types (method depends on version of Windows) or have a look in the registry to find out exactly what application is being accessed.

Maybe do a full uninstall of PhpED, ensure the Open with is gone, then do a re-install?

You don't mention your version of Windows or PhpED. I recommend reporting an issue to NuSphere support and including that information. http://shop.nusphere.com/customer/support.php
Site Admin

@plugnplay -- this all is quite misleading.
The "not authorized" means it. He's trying to run PhpED installed for a different user account.

People hi,

I have exactly the same problem for the first time today with PHPEd 6.0.0.6030
Yesterday, everything was running perfectly so what could i have done to get that message ?
I haven't created a new account or changed something related to the user's accounts. So what ?

I wonder if i must open an issue ticket.

Hi again,

I've reinstalled PHPEd (6030) upon the last version (6030) and after providing my registration number, the ide has restarted without any message.
Weird, isn't it ? Smile
Site Admin

It means that you installed for one user account and trying to work under another. It won't do.
Please use "Run As Administrator" in the Windows Explorer popup to start the installer while logged in as original (target) user who will use the product.

Also this error may come if you transferred the installed copy onto another machine. It won't do either. You have to install each copy separately and enter serial number puchased for corresponding user.

I'm very sorry. We've got a problem here.
If you installed 6031, please uninstall it and update to 6032.
Settings can be kept.

I'm having the same error after upgraded to 6.1.
I reinstalled but now I get the following message:
Sorry. The product installation is broken. Error: -8. Pleas contact NuSphere Support.

When I close the message, the application closes, without giving a chance to enter my Serial Number.

What can I do?

Same Error Here!

We tried uninstalling and reinstalling. But now we are getting another error:

Sorry, the product installation is broken. Error: -8

HELP!

after uninstalling 6.1 and going back to 6.0, it did not prompt me to enter my license key. the old license is was still there.

Could that be the problem? How do you remove the old license key before you install 6.1?
Site Admin

Error -8 is specific to build 6107, we rolled it back so you can download 6106.
6108 will be released shortly, meanwhile please submit a report to support and you'll receive instructions.