NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

I uninstalled 6.1, kept my previous settings when prompted, and reinstalled the product. It prompted me to enter my serial number again, and then I was fine.
Received "Sorry, you're not authorized to use this prod

I've been using PhpED for a few years and had been using 6.0 for a while. Last week I suddenly received an error message that I could not use the product (can't remember the exact error). I took the opportunity to install V6.1. This ran fine for a few days. Today, I tried to open PhpED and received the error message:

"Sorry, you're not authorized to use this product. If you believe that this problem happened by mistake, please contat Nusphere Support."

I tried a few things and found that running PhpED as an administrator worked.
Site Admin

It's not a good idea to run it as administrator. You'd better intall it while logged in as a regular user via Run As -> Administrator.

Same Problem here with 7.0

After using the Trial Version I've buyed the prof Edition yesterday and have the same Problem since then.

"Sorry, the product can not be authorized for use.Please...."

Run as Admin -> didn't work
Reinstall -> didn't work
clear Registry -> didn't work

Is there a any other solution?

Regards

Daniel
Guru master

When you say that you run as admin, do you mean you ran the installer as admin (what Dmitri recommends), or you are running PhpED as admin (what Dmitri does not recommend)?

I've tried both, nothing helped Sad
Site Admin

I think you first tried cracked version of phped and that's why the product locked itself. Don't tell me that it was "trial" version. Trial has no such functionality.
What to do for now -- is complete uninstallation without saving settings for your user account. Then instal legal version and enter legal serial number. This is known to help.

Sry, that I have to disagree to your answer.

In our Company, we're using PhpEd for several years and I installed the previous Version on my PC @ home to finish a project during holidays with a ORIGINAL Key.
To test the new major Version of PhpEd I installed the trial Version and only used the evaluate Key. After deinstalling completly (with all userdata and settings) and installing my own purchased one, this message came up.

It's all done with legal versions and I'm only using legal versions of all programms I have installed. As a developer I know how hard it is to develop a program like these.

But it's nice to know how fast you convict somebody...

I have the same problem: after buying and installing the newest version today, I get this "Sorry, product can not be authorized..." message after starting phped.

And YES, the version (also a 7.x) previously installed seamed to be a cracked one Sad
So I tried what dmitri wrote: complete uninstall. I also deleted everything I could find on my HD and in the registry that related to phped or NuSphere.
Unfortunatly with no success Sad

System: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit

Any fast help is appreciated because I really NEED phped for current projects.
Site Admin

If you think that there is something NuSphere support can help with, please contact support.

I just wanted to make two final remarks:

1. When I setted the UAC to maximum restriction, I didn't get the problem any more

and - more important:

2. With Version 8, the problem disapeared, no matter of the UAC settings

So from my point that "not authorized" problem is solved.

Thanks to all in this forum and especially to the NuSphere-Support who tried all they could do!
"Sorry, the product is not authorized"