NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Some suggestions
Guest


Reply with quote
Been using phped since today and its allot better then dreamweaver i used. Allot of good features. Anyways during trial period I came up with the following:

- I use config files with for example the mysql info. On the local test server in phped the details are different then on my publishing server. Everytime you need to upload allot it will overwrite your existing config file that has the wrong mysql details. So I tried chmoding the config file on my server so it won't overwrite the file anymore but while uploading a error occures (logically) BUT it will stop uploading the other files. So what I suggest is to make an option to ignore ftp errors OR even better is an option to exlude files for upload and smart sync.

- Another thing is the DB Client. I missed a GUI based editor. So editing/adding a record and not using SQL statements and more of that kind of stuff. That way it should work allot faster (for me Razz)

- I use a index file and from there i use query strings to browse true my site (for example index.php?act=test). While editing a include and I want to view it, it always displays none and then it goes to my default page (index.php) that i configed somewhere in the project properties. Maybe an idea to goto the default page immediately without trying to open the file first?

- The server used in phped doesn't read index files. So linked to a dir instead of a index file in that dir doesn't open the index file. Only tested with index.php in the root dough.

- Selecting a word by double clicking on it also selects the $. Nice option should be to exclude the $ and only the varname.

- An option to save and upload the file with 1 shortcut. I tried the 2 handlings with the same shortcut but it only does 1 of them

- If you stand on the first line at the begining containing <?php (so before <) and you have the option auto select php-html on it switches to html instead of keeping php mode. Sometimes thats irritating.

- Bug with the transfer window 'eating' the debug windows -> found this 1 on the board but still wanna let you know its irritating. Found a workaround btw to solve this one. In debug mode I can drag them out. In normal mode i can't Question

- A +/- before code blocks to maximize/minimalize so you can easily navigate true your code. Makes it more readable. Feature also exists in visual studio .net btw. Example:

Code:

//normal
function temp()
{
 //code
}

//minimized
function temp()



Thats about it for now. Must say great tool!
Site Admin

Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 7857
Reply with quote
Quote:
- I use config files with for example the mysql info. On the local test server in phped the details are different then on my publishing server. Everytime you need to upload allot it will overwrite your existing config file...


aha, I think there should be a way to exclude some files from being uploaded. Good point for development. Thanks.

Quote:
- I use a index file and from there i use query strings to browse true my site (for example index.php?act=test). While editing a include and I want to view it, it always displays none and then it goes to my default page (index.php) that i configed somewhere in the project properties. Maybe an idea to goto the default page immediately without trying to open the file first?

Can you tell in more details about what default page and what file were opened and upon what actions ?


Quote:
- The server used in phped doesn't read index files. So linked to a dir instead of a index file in that dir doesn't open the index file. Only tested with index.php in the root dough

Yes, SRV server has very limited functionality and you'd use IIS or Apache for debugging any non-trivial scripts.

Quote:
An option to save and upload the file with 1 shortcut. I tried the 2 handlings with the same shortcut but it only does 1 of them


It's already implemented. See "auto upload" checkbox on the IDE tab in the settings dialog.

Quote:
- If you stand on the first line at the begining containing <?php (so before <) and you have the option auto select php-html on it switches to html instead of keeping php mode

Actually, that's correct. If the cursor is before php tag (<?) and you type anything it would be typed in HTML part, not PHP.

Quote:
- Bug with the transfer window 'eating' the debug windows

It's already fixed in phped build 3246


Quote:
- A +/- before code blocks to maximize/minimalize so you can easily navigate true your code. Makes it more readable. Feature also exists in visual studio .net btw


yeah, a feature known as code collapsing. Yet, it requires huge re-developing of the editor component...
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guest


Reply with quote
Quote:
Quote:
- I use a index file and from there i use query strings to browse true my site (for example index.php?act=test). While editing a include and I want to view it, it always displays none and then it goes to my default page (index.php) that i configed somewhere in the project properties. Maybe an idea to goto the default page immediately without trying to open the file first?

Can you tell in more details about what default page and what file were opened and upon what actions ?



In the project properties you can set a default file to run. I set it to index.php. If i edit for instance a include file, lets say db.php and i want to see the result it needs to open index.php after pressing f5 (default shortcut). When I set the default page to nothing it does nothing and thats correct. But when i do set it to index.php it will first try db.php. Then after seeing that it does not give any html output it redirects to index.php

Do you get my point now?
Site Admin

Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 7857
Reply with quote
I still do not get the idea. When you press F5, ide does nothing but set a breakpoint. It does not ivoke any scripts and does never try to redirect.

Could you please send me sources or at least samples that would replicate the problem ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guest


Reply with quote
Sorry. It needs to be f10 rather then f5. F5 is debugging :p. I ment run mode
Site Admin

Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 7857
Reply with quote
Don't understand again. F10 switches to main menu...
F5 sets breakpoints. All are by default.
Run by default is available with F9 and Ctrl-F9. Smile

Anyway, PHPED does never "attempt" to do anything like that you described. It does not redirect to anywhere, either...

What makes you feel that it does ? Rolling Eyes
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guest


Reply with quote
Strange. In my settings its f10 and i never touched it. Anyways its the run procedure. Let me explain again in steps. Maybe you will understand it then

1) I have for example 2 files: index.php and config.php
2) If i am working with config.php and i run it it will display "none" (why "none"?) and then after parsing it gives "SRV Server: Document Contains no data. ". No ouput so ok with that
3) Then I go to the project properties and change default file to run to "index.php"
4) I go back to config.php and run it again. Now the output starts with "none". Then after parsing it displays index.php. So it runs the default file thats been set in step 3

So what I was trying to say is: why will "none" be displayed?? and then the output of the parsed page. First I though "none" was the result after parsing and no output given but I know see its before parsing a file. Bit confusing. Output window can better be empty before parsing.

I hope you will now see my point.
Some suggestions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Reply to topic