NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Some Questions

I tried the evaluation version of PHPEd... I really like it and I'm considering to buy the Team4 Pro version for our development team...

- Are these four single licences or are they connected in some kind?
- Ist it possible to activate the evaliation copy?

Am I right that if we buy PHPEd, and the Update period will expire, that there is no possibility for a reduced Update to further versions? So we have to buy the whole product again? (One of the major reasons that we don't use Zend anymore.=

Best regards, Dave

Renewal: http://shop.nusphere.com/customer/home.php?cat=24

When I bought PhpED professional, I had to install the licensed copy over top my trial copy -- it preserved all settings and was rather seamless. Only changes I saw were related to deploying complete versions of debugging-related features.

I don't know the answer to your licensing question in relation to the Team4 Pro version. My interactions with support have been very quick, so I'd recommend asking them directly.
View user's profileFind all posts by joshbennerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
the Update period will expire, that there is no possibility for a reduced Update to further versions? So we have to buy the whole product again?

To provide you with access to the next 1 or 3 years of updates, you'll be offered with PRO and ADVANTAGE subscription renewals respectively. They are always cheaper than the whole products.

Thanks for answer... As I said: I don't like this update policy. I'm a programmer, I never update if an Version is released. I update when I think that an update is necassary.
So I prefer to update when >I< decide to update and not during a special period. There is some software I update regularly and there is software I'm using for years without any changes. But WHEN I will update I just want to pay an update fee and not the whole price again. So sorry... I had enough trouble with Zend to choose a product with such a policy again.

Thanks and best regards.
Site Admin

Of course. You are absolutely free to upgrade or not to upgrade. The purchased version will continue working forever.No special periods for the upgrades. They are always available from NuSphere.
Probably, you misunderstood whole the idea of PRO and ADVANTAGE versions. You don't purchase a particular version. With PRO and ADVANTAGE products you purchase subscription to ALL releases during specified period. The period is 1 year for PRO and 3years for ADVANTAGE products.

Let me explain how it works with one example. Suppose, you decided to purchase PhpED PRO and purchased it just one year ago, on Apr 8, 2008.
In this case you'd get version 5.2 build 5233 for $249. Then you'd get all the updates we released for this version: builds 5234 through 5242. In August 2008 you'd get version 5.5, and all its updates (builds 5516 through 5524), next version 5.6 released in October, and its updates from 5615 to 5639 released two days ago and finally on April 8 2009 (today) your contract would expire and you'd get an offer to renew it to the next year (from Apr 8 2009 to Apr 8 2010) with 10% discount if you purchase the renewal withing one month. After that period, the renewal would still be available for you under regular price, which is btw nevertheless much cheaper than the original version. Currently the renewal costs only $108. If you purchase the renewal within 1 month after expiration you'd get it even cheaper ($99)

Can I buy a "renewal" (for example) two years after expiration for just $108 or do I have to buy a complete new License then?

regards, Dave
Site Admin

Quote:
Can I buy a "renewal" (for example) two years after expiration for just $108 or do I have to buy a complete new License then?

The most correct answer would be neither.

The price for the products may vary from time to time. Currently we're running sale and the price is indeed $108. Soon, it will return to $129, but anyway it is always much cheaper than complete new License.

Please consult with this page where you can see renewal price for various products:
http://shop.nusphere.com/customer/home.php?cat=24

thank you all...very useful
---------------------------------------
pjstemplates.com
843-376-4826
Some Questions