NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Some Initial Question

Hi,

I'm busy evaluating PhPED and the encoding soluion. I have a few questions:

1) In your features list you say that the code is integrated with the IDE, I can't see it ... when will it be included.

2) This software is obviously very new and not yet well known. If I encode using your product I will need to get the client to install your extension on their PC.
If I have a script that is run by a small user (ie: someone that does not have root access to their server, a single host account). The issue is that while most hosts have IonCube and Zend already installed, they would be hesitant to install another extension serverwide. So probably the biggest hurdle of me selling my software will not be to market it but to convince them that they will have to convince their host to install your extension. Now I realise that that will be the case with most extensions, but do you have any ideas on what to do so that your plugin will not cause me to lose my sale?

3) Do you guys have a public product roadmap so that we can see what new functionality is comming and when, I want to be in partly sure that if I buy now I will get significant improvments in the software before my year expires.

Thanks
Veteran

Quote:
1) In your features list you say that the code is integrated with the IDE, I can't see it ... when will it be included.

Integration is available in PhpED 5.0 - which is coming very soon. I beleive we said so everywhere, if we made a mistake and didn't clarify the version number somewhere, could you please post that location so we could fix it- we will consider it a favor. Thank you.
Quote:
2) This software is obviously very new and not yet well known. If I encode using your product I will need to get the client to install your extension on their PC.

Automatic upload of PhpExpress will be included in the headers of encoded files starting with version 1.4 (next version). In addition we are working with ISP to get them to provider PhpExpress - youcan help by asking. Look, PhpExpress is not colliding with other decoders/accelerators, including Zend. It can also be turned off in shared environment using a directive in .htaccess - per user. Please tell your ISP, there is no risk in providing PhpExpress, really.

Quote:
Do you guys have a public product roadmap so that we can see what new functionality is comming and when, I want to be in partly sure that if I buy now I will get significant improvments in the software before my year expires.

We understand the question and understand why you are asking. Unfortunatelly, we can not ust publish the road map on the Forum - competition is watching and just like they are not telling us what's next, we don't really want to tell them - not that we don't like them or anything, on the contrary - we have a lot of the respect for the guys, it is just more fun this way I guess Smile I can say only this:
- right now we are less on the features - you can see that easily, but we do provide what solves the most important problem and our tests show the situations where our software works and competition doesn't. We are more robust and our software ofcours can be purchases as a part of a nice bundle with PhpED and PhpDock. Not to mention that we are way less expensive than all others.
- we will catch up really fast. GUI for the standalone Nu-Coder will be provided really soon, GUI from PhpED is of course is already coming in 5.0 and the rest of the features are not far away. If you would like to know more, please use Contact Us form with subject Other to talk to our product managers and sales folks. I hope what I said helps - many thanks for great, even though quite tough Smile questions.
I can not speek for Nusphere but
Veteran

I purchased NuCoder allthough the main thing (a licensing system) is not yet available.

Why, because I have confidence in them delivering the product.

I have never seen a product so great and so professional than PHPEd, and support is fast and very professional.
So When nucoder was released I took advantage of the sale and bought the software even though it is not ready for my needs.

I am sure that even if version 1.3 will not deliver the licensing system within the year of upgrades, then Nusphere will give me a great deal on the upgrade.

I used to work with the zend environment, but that was just a waste of money, Nusphere has been nothing but incredible.

hgr, I agree!
Some Initial Question