NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Smart Sync

Hi,

I would like to see option in smart sync to compare binary content of files (not only time stamps / size) - is that something planned for additional feature?
Thanks

Use case for this would be...
If I work on two computers, and have for example git repo.
If I pull project for the first time on other workstation, and after sync codes to sftp, smart sync thinks that all files newly pulled from git are new, and overwrites those on server.

If in smart sync options I check to compare timestamp and file size, for some unknown reason, files are detected that are different in size, but they are not (even after I click on difference button, notification icon says that files are the same) - probably is that something connected to line endings on linux server, and windows workstation...

Any help would be much appreciated.
Site Admin

If you're using git, why do you want to "sync" anything? Git itself can do that, just run it.
As of smart sync, it's useful for the cases when file size and time stamps are properly set across the end points. With git that's not the case. It prefers to set current date/time.