NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Smart sync [RESOLVED]

Hm I just began noticing problems with smart sync
Loading is extremly slow. Seems that it hangs at last directory.
This is a problem with any project. Cache is enabled, compression is set to off, and number of files/directories is under 500
Site Admin

- Is your project configured to use ssh / sftp account?

Yes, I am using sftp
Site Admin

Can you configure it to work without ssh/sftp account?
I mean to test if it helps. That would exclude ssh/sftp from consideration

Hi Dmitri,

yes, FTP works like a charm.
EDIT: and yes, I can't explore any of SFTP account in explorer tab, but FTP works normally.
Do I have to reset some SSH config or something like that, after latest upgrade?
Site Admin

I checked smart sync -> select all, download in 19.2 and 19.3 against public ssh server. Worked with the same performance (19.3 was ~1sec faster). Public-key authentication, didn't use ed25519 neither keys nor key-exchange.

I doubt it would help but we can try to isolate the problem by turning off what was added in ssh client in 19.3:
Find the account in tools->Accounts, then check the name in "SSH settings" line, then find this name on Keys tab under "SSH settings" folder, then turn off the following 3 checkboxes:
Deffie-Hellman group 16 sha512, Deffie-Hellman group 18 sha512 and Deffie-Hellman over Curve25519 sha256.

Then run `ssh -Q key` on your server. It will print ssh key algorithms supported by your server. If you see 25519, turn this algorithm off
by adding `HostKeyAlgorithms -ssh-ed25519` in sshd seetings and restart sshd service.

Alternatively, if you can find a host with an old sshd, a version prior to 6.5 -- it's when support for ed25519 was introduced, give it a try.

Finally, check the version that worked fine for you. Let me know if it was shipped with ssleay32-1.0.2t.dll or an earlier version. Perhaps, this is the most important thing to check now. Perhaps it's the same.

Hi Dmitri,

Thx. I will try that.
I ve upgraded phped even on other laptop I have, and have same problem with sftp there, too.
Site Admin

Check if you have %APPDATA%\NuSphere\PhpED-1920 directory. If you do, it's where 19.2 settings are saved. It means that you can install 19.2 into a non-default directory (like %PROGRAMFILES%\NuSphere\PhpED-19.2) and you'll be able to compare. Just don't run them concurrently with the same active project.

Ok
I tried uncheck 3 algos, and on all my servers 25519 is supported.
I've turned this algorithm off, restarted, but nothing changed - I still can't access sftp.
Smart sync is maybe misleading, because on the first I didn't noticed that I can't even explore files by SFTP protocol.

I've reverted back to 19.2 (clean install), and everything is fine - SFTP is working again.

I doubt that this is some server issue, because I've tried to connect to 3 different servers (all of them are centos/whm, with latest updates).
Site Admin

Well, this problem is due to bug in compiler when optimization is on and target platform is 64bit.
Hope a workaround or fix will be implemented shortly.