NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Smart Sync Broken - Again!

Once again it appears that Smart Sync from the project root folder is broken.

I have included 3 images (file names explain the screens shots).

Basically if I use the button for Smart Sync or use the mouse and right button click on the project, Smart Sync fails. (as seen in the screen shot)

However, if I select a project folder and attempt Smart Sync it works (as seen in the screen shot)

Is anyone else having this issue?

Steve

Nice, you can't even add images to this post... What the heck.

Generally it's a good product (would be nice if it supported Git), but the support seems to be hit and miss. Crossing my fingers that this can be resolved in short order. I don't like the fact that it appears that Personal Licenses don't see to get the same love that a company license does (I haven't experienced this, but do feel your pain).

I have submitted a ticket (unfortunately in the form I couldn't see where to attach my screen shots). I hope that this goes better for me than you. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Hello,
First of all we'd like to assure that we take all bug reports very seriously. So if you submit a ticket with tech support and provide all the information as requested to investigate the issue, we'll do everything to resolve it. Regarding the attachment of the screenshots - normally our ticket system will send you an auto-reply email with ticket id in the subject, so you're welcome to reply to that email and attach screenshots.
At the same time please note that forum is not the right place to resolve those issues, since we need to work with each and everybody individually and gather all the relevant information, which could be private. So again, ticket system is the right way to submit bugs and to work with tech support until the problem is resolved.
Clarification regarding the Personal license - as it's clearly stated in licensing terms, Personal license doesn't have a tech support option. Having said that, we still review tickets submitted by Personal license owners, and if the report has an information related to the bug in Phped, we'll definitely work with the Personal license owner. But again - we need all the relevant information to be provided in the ticket as per tech support request. If the issue is related to Personal license owner's system or he/she needs help with configuration, etc., then it's not covered under the license terms.
We hope it helps,
Nusphere Customer Care

Hi Gitmans:
I appreciate your point here regarding the support as supporting customers with setup and configuration issues is expensive. However support wasn't what I was looking for, but rather to report a bug I had discovered. As it appears I'm not the only one who has experienced this bug as probc2 has also stated something very similar. I'm not going to pay another $100 so that I can report bugs to you. It was my intention to bring to light an issue I saw with the software. As was mentioned in the email reply that NuSphere was unable to replicate the issue (using both slow and fast network connections). I'm not really sure how network speed would affect this issue, however you do know your software better than I do.

In a day when many software products are very similar in their function and pricing, it is the customer support that will differentiate these companies. I've only been a customer for a few years and haven't found on many occasions the need to report an issue. I'm not looking for support but rather to address an issue in your software (the software that I've purchased). I'll continue to monitor the logs of upcoming versions of PHPEd and when this issue has been resolved I'll update this post.

For probc2's sake I hope he is a professional user and not a personal user.
Site Admin

Certainly, Dagget, support if what you were seeking for. Otherwise what's the point of creating a ticket? Notifying us about the problem? Common, we've made it clear -- we tried and problem was not reproduced.
Anyway, I checked ticket and it appears nobody rejected to help you. Quite the opposite, Jay replied that she wants to check project settings, but you just didn't follow and haven't sent any screenshots. You think it's bug. Well, I saw many times that it's something on the client side and you can't exclude it too that something wasn't properly configured.

dmitri:
My comments were in reference to Jay's reply...

"Note that I'm doing this on my free will. Nobody pays me for that because the license
you purchased is PERSONAL. It does not imply any technical support, meaning you're
expected to find and fix problems on your own, or find workarounds, or finally live
with what you have."

As for the fact that no images were sent in, this is just not the case as I attached 3 images to the reply email sent on Aug 21 at 8:36am (PST) with Jay's reply at 7:55pm (PST).

I didn't bother to continue with the ticket because it was made clear that it was up to me to resolve the issue. Yes Jay did provide an avenue to proceed on (which unfortunately hasn't resolved my issue).

Dear Customers,
Thank you for your replies.
We'd like to clarify that in this particular case we're still not sure if we're dealing with the bug in our software - we have thousands of customers for whom smart sync works. We have 2 people so far who are having issues, and we're trying to resolve those. We're working with Rob over the ticket, so far we can't reproduce the issue. We didn't get screenshots from Steve, so we can't help in his case.
Again, the best way to resolve issues is to work through support ticket instead of posting on forum, so we'd suggest to provide all the information through the ticket only.
Thank you for your understanding.
Nusphere Customer Care
Smart Sync Broken - Again!