NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Simple Feature Request

Could you add a timer so that you ca nlook back over a period of time (days, weeks, etc) and see how much time you spent in each workspace?

HEY!! NOT A BAD IDEA!!!

Didn't think of that. I'm all here tracking my hours manually by old fashion memory and Excel sheet.

DOWNFALLS:

I work on multiple computers (not in the same location) i'd have to add it.

I move away from my computer, or browse that net and don't actually "work" in the workspace.

Even if you had a stop watch. start/stop/reset for each workspace i'm sure i'll forget to press start or stop and *gasp* accidentally press reset and all my time is GONE!!

Great idea at first IMO, but i won't personally use it much or won't be accurate. it might do good for you though.

If all you want to do is keep track of how long certain workspaces are open, and not how much time is being spent actually typing into that workspace,
then you could make a small app to track the window caption of phpED. When a workspace is open it's name is displayed in the caption.
Site Admin

in my taste, it would make better sense with separated counters for each project in the workspace.