NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
simple debugger?

Hi all, im after something i thought would be really simple to find.

Currently i code in php eclipse and everything "php" i write lives on a linux server running samba. was easy enough to configure eclipse to prepend a url into the "php browser" it has.

But, debugging on the other hand is a very tedious setup for eclipse. All i wanted was something i could go "the code is <here>", go to the debugging url and it would view the source, tell me what the variable values are and so forth. currently im using the cli which works alright, but its not as visual as would be nice.

phpeclipse is quite tedious to setup for debugging with dbg, and i really am not keen on installing php on my windows box just for something as simple as this.

Its a pity the phpeclipse dbg support sucks so hard considering how well it does j2ee remote debugging

Is there a nice simple tool out there that will just do what im hoping for?
Site Admin

phpeclipse != eclipse Smile

If you need remote debugger for php, why don't you try NuSphere PhpED?
Let me know if you encounter any problems on this way.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
phpeclipse != eclipse Smile

If you need remote debugger for php, why don't you try NuSphere PhpED?
Let me know if you encounter any problems on this way.

phpeclipse is kinda eclipse, it is after all just a set of classes extending the eclipse platform, i just wish it had a similar config to the SE IDE. Unfortunately its horrible. Why thy couldnt just go "ok, listen on port x for debug connections" and react the same way se does is beyond me, instead they tie the remote and local debugging up into the same thing and then make it project dependant, so in the one workspace you end up with per-project dbg settings, which really sucks when you consider the j2ee plugins for eclipse work in a very similar way as the SE IDE for the java debugging framework. oh well, life goes on i guess. Then again, i should probably stop complaining and perhaps hack phpeclipse to do things the right way in the first place Confused

Why not use phped? Mostly cause i do it for fun... if i did it professionally, then i'd certainly be picking up phped, but its too hard to justify the cost when all i really do is hack around with it all the time.
simple debugger?