NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Guru master

LOL, that's what I thought as well but I didn't want to say anything incase I was missing something obvious Confused
Site Admin

yep, obviously you missed the status bar which shows full file name now

Do you mean the title bar, because I can't see anything different about the status bar at the bottom of the screen.

This is an image of a real debug session. I'm developing a new Magento module, got an exception raised and PhpED caught that so the current statement is shown. Lots of files open and there is no convenient way to identify them or navigate between them.

In this example I want to check the resource table names in the modules config.xml

Ctrl+Tab is useless and even annoying because if I do press ctrl+tab it uses ellipsis to hide the interesting part of the file paths and when I release ctrl+tab it automatically jumps to the next file, even though that is rarely useful for me.

If that popup list of editor windows showed the path from the root down, that would be a huge help Wink

@darklow, sorry for the confusion. What I meant is that when you have files with the same name open, and you hover over the list when clicking ARROW DOWN, the full path name was displayed in status bar.

Almost everyone who replied misunderstood the point and feature i was requesting and the feature i was requesting is still missing.

So i repeat once more.

The point is to show part of path on TAB in case if you open multiple files with same filename, and not in status bar or somewhere else, but directly on TAB, like in the preview:

As an example i attached image, to see how this is realized in Sublime Text 2 editor.

So if you like the idea and it is unnecessary for your development, please vote
Thanks.

+1 for the feature. Would love to see the full path on tab hover.

temuri wrote:
+1 for the feature. Would love to see the full path on tab hover.

Not only hover, all the time. There is no point of this feature only on hover, for example you have 10 tabs opened, which 3x of them ar item.php
model/item.php
view/item.php
controller/item.php

Where is the points of hovering all the tabs? The point is that only by looking at the tabs you should which tab is which, and you can choose from first time the right one, rather than iterating through item.php tabs and then looking somewhere on status bar or title and so on.

This feature is not something revolutionary, editors like Sublime or NetBeans and others have it already ... and it is quite essential for MVC like frameworks, because filenames for Model, View and Controller could be same...

+1 exactly the same problem MVC and identical file names in different folders.

I need to know in what tab i have file controller/homepage.php and where is views/homepage.php without switching to them or mouse-over.
Site Admin

v7 comes with this feature implemented

dmitri wrote:
v7 comes with this feature implemented

Awesome, this was very important feature, i even started testing other IDEs because of absence of this feature.
Great!! Thanks. Cant wait to try new 7.0!
Show longer path on tabs if opened files has same filename