NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Shared FTP accounts

I'm glad to have persuaded our chief to buy PhpEd Smile

We work in a team and there is one annoying thing - filling the FTP account fields every time you meet a project for the first time.
(Although your collegue has already done the same work on his computer)

I thought PhpEd project file contains its set FTP account information, but it doesn't.

Is there another way how to share FTP accounts with my collegues (eg. via local network)?

Thank you for any idea
bzuK
Site Admin

Let me understand it better, are you taking about those 4 fields that you have difficulties to enter?
Namely: hostname, root directory, account name, and the password?

Quote:
I thought PhpEd project file contains its set FTP account information, but it doesn't.

Accounts are shared among the projects. You may have two or more projects working with the same remote server. In this case all those projects will use the same account. So, accounts are stored in different place and projects are referring to them.

Quote:
Quote:

Accounts are shared among the projects. You may have two or more projects working with the same remote server. In this case all those projects will use the same account. So, accounts are stored in different place and projects are referring to them.

I was wrong, this architecture is allright.

I have difficulties to send someone else FTP access data to a project I am working on:
1. find the data somewhere in email or on the disk (ouuuuu Confused)
2. copy & paste to email, send
3. my collegue copies & pastes four times into PhpED
4. it doesn't work, find the right FTP password and go to (2) Wink

As I think of it, "sharing" is not a good approach, but copying FTP access data from PhpED to clipboard
in a certain encoded form would be a great feature! You could copy & paste the FTP account, send it to your collegue,
he would copy and paste (only once) directly into his PhpED.

No search, sure to have up-to-date password.
I guess something like this is possible in Total Commander.

Then I am in a wrong PhpED forum... Idea

The project files are shareable, mine sit on a network, it would be very cool if the FTP accounts worked in a similar manner.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlackGasSend private messageVisit poster's website
Shared FTP accounts