NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[fixed] SFTP Upload and WinSSHD

I have WinSSHD running on my server. I can use winscp3 (SFTP) from my desktop and connect/upload files.

I can't get PHPEd to connect using SFTP. The file sits in the "transferring" window and does nothing.

What do I need to do to make this work?

Chuck
More ...

I have local files in the tech platform at c:\program files\nusphere\techplat\apache\htdocs\mysite

I have files on the server at c:\Apache2\htdocs\mysite

SFTP will not work from local to server. Connection is made, but transfer just sits and does nothing. Says, "Connecting" real quick and then goes to "transferring" but then nothing else happens.

I can use Dreamweaver SFTP - it works. I can use winscp3 and it works. PHPEd does not (newest version).

Project Settings are:

Accounts: (name->MySite)
SFTP ip address -> xx.xx.xx.xx
port ->22
root directory ->/ (SFTP is set for directory to be "C:\Apache2\htdocs" so I believe "/" here is correct)

Properties:
Project-Root Directory -> c:\program files\nusphere\techplat\apache\htdocs\mysite
Publishing-Account->MySite
Publishing-Top publishing directory->/mysite/

Why? Help!

Thanks,

Chuck
Site Admin

probably your firewall blocks phped. At least if you see nothing in the server logs, it's a clear indication that FireWall is involved.

Hi Dmitri,

Thank you for your reply, but this is not the case. I do not have a firewall on either machine that has not been opened/authorized for the IP's and programs.

As stated, both Dreamweaver (which has been notorious for sftp issues in the past) and Winscp3 on the client can connect to the server without any problems and can upload/download and manage files on the server.

I really need this to work for me. Nusphere will be useless to me if I cannot upload to the server.

Thanks,

Chuck
More information

Hi Dmitri,

Some more information. If I disable SSH/SFTP on the Server, then PHPEd attempts the connection and in about 15 seconds, it replies to me that the connection cannot be made. Because of this, I know it is at least talking to the server. Iw I enable the SSH/SFTP on the server, it is then that PHPEd tries to connect and just hangs - sits there and says it is attemping to transfer, but does nothing - does not time-out either. The logs on the server would seem to indicate that an sftp request is recieved from my client IP, but then there is no further information sent from PHPEd and the server eventually disconnects with a "time-out" message.

Help!

Chuck
Site Admin

Maybe there are problems with WinSSHD. We have no problems with other ssh servers for very long time.
I'd highly appreciate, if you have WinSSHD available online and provide our engineers with testing account.

Hi DMitri,

If you will provide an e-mail address, I will send you the details - off-forum. I can provide what you request, if you believe they can work on this and resolve the issue. I really need to get this working.

Chuck

Also, is there a Windows 2003 Server compatible SFTP host that you know DOES work with PHPEd? I really need to get this working and if there is another reliable and secure SFTP Host that I can run on my server, I might be able to do that.

Blessings!

Chuck
Site Admin

We test with openssh servers and they are native for unix (linux). If you need one under Windows, you may want to install Cygwin package (www.cygwin.com)
Also we tested with globalscape sftp server and a few others.

I want to thank Nusphere Support and especially DMitri for helping to find a solution to this problem. DMitri worked for several hours to find a solution to my SFTP connection problem. It involved some updating to the PHPEd code to allow it to work with the WinSSHD Server.

The problem is solved - it works great! Thanks!

Chuck
Site Admin

You're welcome, Chuck.
All our customers who obtained PhpED Advantage are always getting highest priority.