NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
SFTP & Project

Hi,

I use a FreeBSD with Apache and MySQL as my development server, and phpED on my window xp.

Is it possible to create a project with SFTP and edit the files directly on the server? I dont want to copy them to my windows machine and publish them everytime I want to test something. I suppose I can get around this by using Samba, but I would really like to use SFTP if possible?

Thanks.
Veteran

hi there - while we don't support the projects with root directories on the remote servers yet you can edit the files directly on the remote server using SFTP - once you create SFTP account it will show up in the Explorer tab just like other local folders> When you open and edit the file from there, every time you save it will automatically upload it

I figured out how to do that much already, but was hoping there was support for projects through SFTP too - maybe version 6? Wink

Its not a big problem though, I'll just install and use samba on the development server.

Thanks for your fast reply.
Site Admin

you may try the following:
-create a project and set its directory pointing to an empty dir
-set its publishing account appropriately
-set run mode to HTTP/3rd party web server
-set remote root directory according to apache's document root (/var/www blah blah blah)
-set URL pointing to your site root

open Explorer window (view->tabs->explorer), open file you want to debug and try to start debugger.

You may want to use ssh tunnel for debugger if you're behind NAT router (e.g. your machine IP address is from a LAN)
See FAQ forum on how to install debugger, use SSH tunnel, how to troubleshoot problems.