NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Setup of Code Completion

Can someone help me with the setup and functioning of Code Completion? I am using PhpEd 5.2 (5229) on Windows and when I open PHP->Tools->Settings->IDE, I do not see the expected "Code Insight" configuration topic. Noting this, I tried unsuccessfully to follow the online "PHP Code Completion Helper". I could not get the php-code-completion.php to execute without error. I do not understand what to do with the statement "Substitute the name of the class in '$class = new ReflectionClass(mysqli);'". Substitute with what?

Thanks.
Site Admin

Let's start from the beginning. Did you experience any problems with Code Completion? If so, what are they? Screenshots and code sample(s) would be helpful too.

Regarding manual, please let me know the topics, and/or URLs and I'll pass this info to the author.

I installed PhpEd 5.2 (5229) on Windows XP and loaded some existing PHP code into the IDE that runs remotely on a Linux platform. I want to edit the code and then upload it to the server for execution. However, when I edit it, even ordinary PHP library functions do not show the code completion functionality - hence I am trying to turn it on. The problem is that I can't see the option to turn it on in my Tools->Settings->IDE configuration. The documentation says there should be a "Code Insight" option here that I could use to turn on code completion. I can see some completion functionality if I am using my only PHP classes. But, why doesn't it work for PHP library functions, like ereg_replace(). I would expect that if I typed ereg... I would see the function options to complete this.
Site Admin

ereg_replace is known function and code completion works fine for me:

BTW, did you try to press Ctrl-Space to invoke code completion popup?

Regarding settings they are in Tools->Settings->Code Completion. But everything is enabled by default and if you did not disable, it should work.

Thanks for the guidance and help. I'm on the right track now. I hadn't appreciated the <?php ... ?> significance and that some scripts did not work because of the file extensions not being .php

I'm all set now.
[resolved] Setup of Code Completion