NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Setting up sqlite3

I am struggling getting sqlite3 (it is an ecrypted database) working with a fresh download of phpdock. When I run phpinfo on the server, I notice that the server is saying that the pdo_sqlite driver for Sqlite 3.x is enabled.

From PHPinfo:

PHP Version 5.2.5

pdo_sqlite
PDO Driver for SQLite 3.x -- enabled
PECL Module version -- 1.0.1 $Id: pdo_sqlite.c,v 1.10.2.6.2.2 2007/03/23 14:30:00 wez Exp $
SQLite Library -- 3.3.17undefined

SQLite
SQLite support -- enabled
PECL Module version -- 2.0-dev $Id: sqlite.c,v 1.166.2.13.2.9 2007/05/19 17:58:22 iliaa Exp $
SQLite Library -- 2.8.17
SQLite Encoding -- iso8859

I did not make any changes to the php installation (I am actually not very sure if any changes are needed to get sqlite3 to work with this version of php).

When I ran the following PDO script, no errors were thrown. The unusual part was an error was not thrown when I gave an invalid password or even an invalid DB name. When I tried to execute a SELECT query, the query failed. This is my first time working with PDO or SQLite3, so I am not sure where to look or what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

//connect to the sqlite3 DB
try{
$dbHandle = new PDO('sqlite:'.$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."currDB.db3","","currPassword");
} catch(PDOException $exception ) {
die($exception->getMessage());
}

//query code
$query = "SELECT * FROM login";

if($result = $dbHandle->query($query))
{
foreach ($result as $row) {
print $row['loginID'] . "\t";
print $row['firstName'] . "\n";
}
}