NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Set breakpoint inside of .html files?

Dear all, just want to see if there is a way that I could use breakpoint (like using DebugBreak() ) inside of a .html file in a big PHP project (see: http://img33.yfrog.com/img33/1513/htmldebugging.png), thoughts or comments? thanks!
Re: Set breakpoint inside of .html files?

ohman wrote:
Dear all, just want to see if there is a way that I could use breakpoint (like using DebugBreak() ) inside of a .html file in a big PHP project (see: http://img33.yfrog.com/img33/1513/htmldebugging.png), thoughts or comments? thanks!

I think <?php DebugBreak() ?> should work fine.

Hi sirjarda, I tried that but that didn't work for me. Any other ideas?

I know I could probably convert the .html view files to .php files, but just wondering whether there is a way to do this (and be able to still "step into" using F7 or F8 in debugging mode) with MVC view .html files? Thanks!

ohman wrote:
Hi sirjarda, I tried that but that didn't work for me. Any other ideas?

I know I could probably convert the .html view files to .php files, but just wondering whether there is a way to do this (and be able to still "step into" using F7 or F8 in debugging mode) with MVC view .html files? Thanks!

It is some sort of templating system (I guess Smarty). I do not know Smarty, but template systems generally work that they generate php code from the template. So

- either search documentation of Smarty how to insert php code, it can be ie. something like {? DebugBreak:() }
- or look where are the generated files and what is their extension. Then add this extension in config as phpfile. The template
itself can not be directly debugged, because it is never executed. What is executable is compiled template.

The file on the screenshot seems to be Smarty template.
If this is the case use "{php}DebugBreak();{/php}" (without quotes) instead.
Set breakpoint inside of .html files?