NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Selective encoding from PhpEd

Hi,

is there anyway to encode only .php files when encoding a project ? Currently .htm files (used as templates) are encoded too.

As well from the IDE is there a way to encode only 1 file vs. re-encoding the entire project ? This slows thing down quite a bit.

Thanks
Site Admin

IDE encodes php files. Under php it understands all files with extensions entered in Tools->Settings->File Associations

Regarding 1 file vs all project, phped v5 and v5.2 support encoding on-the-fly and whenever you send a php file to the server it will be encoded. Other options are working on the project level only.

Thank you. Great program, really enjoying it!
Veteran

I have made a feature request for PHPed some time ago.

It was about individual selection of files to be encoded in your workplace. Just like you it saved which files are open, it would be nice if it could remember which files to encode or not, and not based on file extensions only.

That would be a very very very nice feature in PHPed / Nucoder integration.
Site Admin

Quote:
and not based on file extensions only.

would you please provide a sample or a real-world scenario where this is needed?

Hi,
I have a large project that has php files with a .php extension and some with a .htm extension. I added the .htm extension to the associations primarily because I wanted the syntax highlighting. That was where I discovered that it was encoding the all the .htm files, some of which are just templates that must not be encoded.

So in my case it would be handy to have syntax highlighting available selectively.
Site Admin

Quote:
So in my case it would be handy to have syntax highlighting available selectively

or add encoding for selected files and/or prohibit encoding for the other selected files Smile